Child sex abuse inquiry fined £200,000 after email blunder
The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse ordered by the government in 2014 has been fined £200,000 after sending a bulk email that identified possible victims of child sexual abuse.
Vulnerable people were placed at risk owing to the error after the email was sent to 90 inquiry participants on 27 February last year, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) said. Around 52 of the email addresses contained people’s full names, leaving at least one complainant “very distressed”, the ICO said.
Director of investigations Steve Eckersley said: “People’s email addresses can be searched... read more
- 14:34 £1m construction skills project inside new Wellingborough prison...
- 14:34 Jurgen Klopp says Trent Alexander-Arnold could face Crystal Palace
- 14:34 Missed hospital appointments cost Trust nearly £3.5m
- 14:34 Northumbria Healthcare spending more on hospital food
- 14:32 Views of Parkinson's Nursing Service users sought
- 14:32 Life as a Local Democracy Reporter - the stories that need to be told
- 14:31 Jurgen Klopp says Trent Alexander-Arnold could face Crystal Palace
- 14:30 New Bridlington housing development is perfect for relocators
- 14:30 Man with mad cow disease caused near fatal 80mph crash in Leeds
- 14:29 Aston Villa fans are all asking the same question as transfer link...
- 14:29 John Barrowman is bringing his Fabulous tour to Birmingham - here's...
- 14:29 Scene was set for Hillsborough tragedy, former Sheffield Wednesday...
- 14:29 Ant and Dec reunite for first picture together after 10 months...
- 14:28 Jurgen Klopp Anfield invite for 104-year-old Liverpool fan
- 14:28 10 Year Challenge: How the world has changed in a decade
- 14:28 Woman fractures female dancer's skull with glass bottle in horror...
- 14:27 Council set to raise 'no objections' to proposed waste transfer...
- 14:27 Ofsted announces plans to crack down on bad behaviour in the classroom
- 14:27 French rap star MHD arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter
- 14:27 Three men jailed for murder of five in Leicester shop blast
- 14:27 Parents who left toddler to starve to death jailed for more than...
- 14:27 Steelworker sells Banksy mural on his garage for ‘six-figure sum’
- 14:27 COURT RESULTS: Latest register of court cases
- 14:27 Mother and son appear in court after raid on shop on Lincolnshire...
- 14:27 Boston man who was carrying knife in a pub faces jail sentence
- 14:26 Views of Parkinson's Nursing Service users sought
- 14:25 West Yorkshire Police Officers recruitment - how to apply to be a...
- 14:25 Blaise Tapp column: Ignoring the January fads and trends
- 14:25 In My View with Ros Altmann: Don’t force magistrates to retire at 70
- 14:24 Man with no licence or insurance dumped car and hid from police in...