Child died after swallowing tiny battery found in toys, remote controls and key fobs

Child died after swallowing tiny battery found in toys, remote controls and key fobs
 

Parents are being urged to be aware of the danger button batteries can pose for their children following the death of a child who swallowed one.
The small, round batteries are commonly found in toys, remote controls and car fobs, but can be deadly if swallowed.
When the battery comes into contact with a wet surface such as a throat, nose or ear, a chemical reaction can begin and cause it to release its current, causing significant damage to the surrounding tissue.
Within a couple of hours, serious internal burns can happen in the upper chest region, leading to long-term problems with... read more

 
7 December 2018 in Hot News, Views: 53
Source: Metro
Share:
 




News Widget for Webmasters


Realtime News

 

«
»
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31