Chilcot to be quizzed by MPs on Iraq War report fallout
The author of the scathing official report into the Iraq War is to be grilled by a panel of senior MPs on the fallout from his inquiry.
Sir John Chilcot, who has remained silent on the report since its publication in July, will appear before the House of Commons Liaison Committee on October 18.
After an inquiry lasting seven years, the Chilcot Report found that former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein posed "no imminent threat" at the time of the invasion of his country in 2003, and the war was unleashed on the basis of "flawed" intelligence.
Its publication led to calls for... read more
- 14:06 The Reporting Back from Westminster column with MP Julian Smith
- 14:06 Mailbox residents "face ruin" after service charge increase
- 14:04 England vs Panama: Arsene Wenger BLASTS Kyle Walker and says Eric...
- 14:01 Wife takes husband back to prison after he was mistakenly released
- 13:57 Fancy a swim? These five outdoor swimming pools are now open for...
- 13:57 Young adults in Coventry urgently told to vaccinate before holidays...
- 13:57 Three vehicle smash in Carlton in Lindrick
- 13:56 Why Jorge Mendes is assisting Nottingham Forest as well as Wolves
- 13:55 World Cup top scorers: Harry Kane LEVEL with Ronaldo and Lukaku in...
- 13:52 What is Newton's second law of motion?
- 13:51 Boy, 15, dragged from shop and attacked with machete before...
- 13:45 Glasgow School of Art fire safety system 'was weeks away'
- 13:43 The many qualities of your herbs
- 13:42 Barrow MP John Woodcock calls for harassment investigation to be...
- 13:41 Dolphins caught on camera swimming near Roker Pier in Sunderland
- 13:38 Girl, 15, dead and boy, 14, fighting for his life after ‘adverse...
- 13:37 Skimming devices being used at Notts cash machines
- 13:35 Model whose face was melted in acid attack on 21st birthday shares...
- 13:35 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho was offered Atletico Madrid...
- 13:32 'Lowlife' thieves steal nurse's car in Headingley
- 13:32 Beauty tips: the joy of highlighters
- 13:31 Unlucky England fan travels to Russia for World Cup game against...
- 13:31 New move in £16.8m football hubs project
- 13:30 Meet Coventry's most famous dog with an army of Instagram followers
- 13:29 Dare to dream: Eleven things that would definitely happen if...
- 13:28 Ulverston to celebrate retro cycling
- 13:26 State of Origin 2018: New South Wales down Queensland to win series
- 13:25 Birmingham’s chip shop queen Artemis Pili dies aged 100
- 13:23 Why Meghan wears shoes that are too big for her
- 13:22 Teenage jogger who accidentally crossed border from Canada to the...