Chesterfield darts walk-on girl ‘sad’ as bosses stop the tradition
A darts walk-on girl from Chesterfield says she feels ‘sad’ after the tradition was scrapped.
For years glamorous women have escorted male professional darts players onto the stage before matches.
But The Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) has announced the girls will no longer be used at its tournaments.
Married mum-of-one Daniella Allfree told the Derbyshire Times: “I am 30-years-old and I knew it was not going to last forever. It is a shock that the job has come to an end. It is quite sad.
“We are a very close knit community at the darts. We are all really good friends and it is a... read more
- 02:36 B&Q owner Kingfisher sales rise during warm weather
- 02:36 Walmart shares up 10% on news of online sales lift
- 02:36 Discounts and online help retail sales bounce back in July
- 02:36 Chipotle to retrain staff after series of food poisonings
- 02:36 Half of staff fear workplace monitoring, says TUC
- 02:35 US military parade ordered by Trump postponed 'to 2019'
- 02:20 Sheku Kanneh-Mason: Teen cellist wins new Breakthrough music prize
- 02:14 Comment: Universities can lead cybersecurity innovation
- 02:14 Business leaders sign up to support MCR Pathways
- 02:14 Scotland’s cases of fraud against businesses fall by half
- 02:12 Liberty Stadium operator claims venue has structural defects
- 02:12 Colchester shopkeeper 'told off' over thief poster
- 02:12 New chief urged to tackle police 'misogyny'
- 02:02 Whistleblower warns of Vodafone security breaches
- 01:43 Councillor hopes Northampton swimming pool's future can be resolved
- 01:38 Trump's military parade postponed amid news it could cost $92m
- 01:38 Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Indian prime minister, dies at 93
- 01:38 China is 'rapidly' expanding bomber training, probably for US...
- 01:31 NYU offers free tuition for all its medical students
- 01:27 La Liga secures deal to stage top flight game in USA; Barcelona or...
- 01:25 Melbourne teen pleads guilty to hacking into Apple network
- 01:11 Celebrities warned over social media ads
- 01:11 Marine Le Pen's presence deemed 'disrespectful' at Web Summit
- 01:11 FBI sought Google location data of many to catch robber
- 01:11 President Trump relaxes US cyber-attacks rules
- 01:11 Motorola phone 'brazen copy' of iPhone X
- 01:07 Why blue-green algae can be toxic to pets and humans
- 01:07 Courtney Hadwin: British teen through to America's Got Talent semis
- 01:07 A-level results: Why clearing is 'not the end of the world'
- 01:07 Born Famous: Poverty safari or positive experience?