Chelsea news: Man Utd strike was my most important yet - Alvaro Morata
The forward, who made a £60million move from Real Madrid in the summer, was left completely unmarked to head home Cesar Azpilicueta’s cross on the 55th minute.
Morata’s goal ensured that the Blues remain fourth in the Premier League and relieved some pressure on boss Antonio Conte.
The Spaniard will now link up with his national side this week after being recalled by manager Julen Lopetegui.
And when asked if it was the most crucial of all eight goals he has scored so far this season, he replied: ”For sure.
"It is important that we won.
“We had a very good chance today to come back to... read more
- 11:08 What does a yellow weather warning mean? Met Office weather...
- 11:08 Fylde coast businesses 'must prepare for no deal Brexit'
- 11:08 Anthony Joshua RINSED by promoter Eddie Hearn before Alexander...
- 11:08 A rising teenage star shone for Pools in this 1970s away-day thriller
- 11:07 ‘Serious concerns’ over Gainsborough pub run by disgraced former...
- 11:06 Head reassures parents over 'gang fight with weapons' worries
- 11:06 Police to use stop and search powers in 7 days of action against...
- 11:05 Storm Bronagh disrupts travel with strong winds and heavy rain
- 11:04 Sheffield United give Alex Neil plenty to ponder after ringing...
- 11:04 Hoppers set for visit of the title favourites
- 11:03 Have you seen missing Peter Barber?
- 11:03 Woman can use donor sperm in IVF without estranged husband's...
- 11:02 Floods in Derbyshire and residents left stranded as Storm Bronagh hits
- 11:02 Special Menin Gate tribute for fallen comrades from First World War
- 11:01 It’s okay to hate Freshers’ Week, a lot of people do
- 11:01 The Education Focus column with Chris Head, NASUWT North and West...
- 11:01 New starters begin educational journey
- 11:00 Delays may see Garstang’s former community centre back on the market
- 11:00 Blackpool journalist says the human touch is vital for businesses
- 11:00 You won’t be ‘short’ with a Lottery win!
- 10:59 Lichfield-based business celebrates strong half-year financial results
- 10:58 Lifestyle Fitness gym in Carlisle to open 24 hours a day
- 10:58 Delays may see Garstang’s former community centre back on the market
- 10:57 Liverpool news: Why Klopp rejected documentary offer after Man City...
- 10:57 Wigan girl, 5, launches new recycling campaign
- 10:57 Visitors pour into Wigan after parking fees waived
- 10:57 Frontline staff could be moved in flu jab alert
- 10:56 Moss Bros shares dive on profit warning
- 10:55 Help stop vile trade in indecent images
- 10:55 Leader says county council finds itself in ‘difficult situation’...