Chelsea demand £100m for stadium naming rights
CHELSEA have failed to sell their stadium naming rights - after demanding £100million for a 10-year agreement.
Chief executive Ron Gourlay says: “Protecting the name of Stamford Bridge is key to any deal.”
So £100million to win the naming rights to a stadium, which is still going to be named Stamford Bridge anyway.
Unless you"re called Mr Stamford and build bridges for a living, that"s going to be a hard sell.
- 08:11 'Glaucoma creeps up on you' - Blackpool man's call to prevent sight...
- 08:11 Friends of shot Trevor Smith launch £20k funeral fund appeal amid...
- 08:10 Bleeding man taken to hospital after disturbance in Sheffield city...
- 08:09 Former Tottenham striker says snubbing Arsenal was EASY even though...
- 08:04 Woman's terror as 'wild animal' boy says he will 'smoke her dead...
- 08:04 What does the weather have in store for South Tyneside today?
- 08:04 Collision closes one lane of A38 near Derby
- 08:03 Jorge Masvidal reveals what he told Darren Till after knocking him...
- 08:03 Virgil van Dijk sends message to Liverpool teammate Mohamed Salah...
- 08:02 Disney's Frozen musical will reopen London's Theatre Royal Drury...
- 08:01 MP says no jobs will go as Interserve building A63 footbridge in...
- 08:00 Here's where roadworks are taking place in Calderdale this week
- 08:00 Brexit appeal to Guy Fawkes raises smile in Warwickshire village
- 08:00 Collision closes one lane of A38 near Derby
- 08:00 Concerns for safety of missing Halifax man
- 07:59 Woman with cancer stays positive by cosplaying as pop culture icons
- 07:58 Chelsea takeover: will Britain’s richest man buy the Blues?
- 07:58 Coalition launches elder abuse crackdown and new national hotline
- 07:57 Moment paedo-hunting cops catch pervert with 54,000 pictures of...
- 07:57 Petition to unseat lying MP Fiona Onasanya jailed for speeding offence
- 07:57 Jeremy Corbyn ‘ready to stand down’ because he is ‘tired and fed up’
- 07:57 Here's where roadworks are taking place in Calderdale this week
- 07:56 Here's where roadworks are taking place in Calderdale this week
- 07:56 Fears for 12-year-old missing for two days
- 07:54 easyJet launches FOUR new summer routes from Manchester Airport
- 07:54 Collision closes one lane of A38 near Derby
- 07:52 'Huge rail hub near Hinckley will have negative impact', Blaby...
- 07:52 Calls for 20mph limit to tackle speeding issue in Ellington
- 07:51 Collision closes one lane of A38 near Derby
- 07:49 Ronnie O’Sullivan makes major Roger Federer claim as he discusses...