Chelsea closer to Danny Drinkwater transfer as Leicester star at Cobham for medical
Chelsea are reportedly edging closer to agreeing a £30million transfer for Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater, who is at the club’s Cobham training base awaiting to undergo a medical.
The England international has emerged as a target for the Blues in recent weeks, following the sale of Nemanja Matic to rivals Manchester United last month.
Drinkwater has shone for Leicester and looks an ideal buy as a squad player for Chelsea, though the Foxes have been understandably reluctant to sell.
Although there is little time remaining until tonight’s transfer deadline, the London Evening... read more
- 02:08 'Lost' Gustav Holst score returned to UK after 100 years
- 02:03 UK will lose track of many EU migrants after Brexit - report
- 01:47 Jaguar kills eight other animals after escaping from zoo enclosure
- 01:46 Military spouses set up skills base in Fife
- 01:27 Plan for multi-million pound transformation of Garth Lane site into...
- 01:27 The Yankee Candle shoplifter who was knocked down as she fled...
- 01:14 CCTV reveals explosive device thrown at home of Gerry Adams
- 01:04 Margaret Fulton's Basque chicken recipe
- 00:54 North Korea to resume search for US military remains
- 00:47 Trump-Putin summit: Why is it a big deal?
- 00:47 Higher Sunday roadworks speed limit tested
- 00:46 Female workers to earn £74k less than male peers, research reveals
- 00:32 Missing Marian Turton found safe and well after huge police search
- 00:27 Sudoku 4113 easy
- 00:27 Russia must ‘account for role’ in shooting down MH17, says G7
- 00:27 Justine Greening shows support for second Brexit referendum
- 00:26 Tudor shipwreck discovered by local group on Kent beach
- 00:26 Iran nuclear deal: US rejects EU plea for sanctions exemption
- 00:21 How two strangers set up Dropbox and made billions
- 00:21 I'm 65 and my interest-only mortgage is ending – what can I do?
- 00:21 Firms told to engage with staff to improve trust
- 00:15 Justine Greening calls for second Brexit referendum
- 00:15 Morgan Lake gives GB reason for cheer as USA claim Athletics World Cup
- 00:12 Motorway roadworks speed limit could rise to 60mph on Sundays
- 00:12 Hong Kong's Snowden refugees, facing deportation, hope of new life...
- 00:12 A day of glory: how the French press covered World Cup victory
- 00:12 Sharp rise in number of super-rich prepared to invest £2m for UK visa
- 00:11 Nearly 8 million people providing care for family members without pay
- 00:08 Calls for Pride Glasgow CEO to quit after 'utter disgrace' of...
- 00:08 Donald Trump protesters praised by Police Scotland for 'good...