Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri delivers update over signing a midfielder after Newcastle win
But the Italian boss admits he has “no idea” if or when a successor will be brought in by the club.
Deals are said to be in place for two targets in the form of Cagliari’s 21-year-old Nicolo Barella and Zenit St Petersburg star Leandro Paredes.
However, neither transfers are over the line as the Blues continue to deliberate over their business.
Paredes would supposedly cost £10m less than £40m Barella, who is also believed to be keen to stay in Serie A until the summer.
Related Articles Chelsea transfer news: Blues consider hijacking Barcelona move for PSG star Adrien Rabiot Chelsea fans... read more
- 13:13 Real snow Santa's grotto at Chill Factore – here's how to get tickets
- 12:57 First TV election debate: five things to look out for tonight
- 12:36 Council agrees new measures to tackle climate change
- 12:36 Stratford juniors secure best ever cross country result at Warley...
- 12:03 Aliens are ‘switching our nuclear weapons on and off’, says lobbyist
- 11:49 Sai Aletaha: Fatally hurt MMA fighter was 'liked by everyone'
- 11:03 Six things we learned from Prince Andrew’s ‘disastrous’ Jeffrey...
- 10:36 Family of Lichfield teenager reveal “devastation” after Friary...
- 10:36 Lichfield woman thanks charity for helping her find work as she...
- 10:25 Girl, 7, writes to Father Christmas asking for a home and food
- 10:00 Spark in Burntwood to host fundraising Christmas fair
- 09:29 Radcliffe sexual assault images released
- 08:16 Will Young and James Morrison confirmed for outdoor concert near...
- 06:35 Amateur MMA fighter Sai Aletaha dies after Southampton match injury
- 02:02 What is Jeremy Corbyn’s nuclear weapons policy?