Charles Bronson to stand trial in Leeds over alleged attack at Wakefield's 'Monster Mansion' prison
Charles Bronson, the man known as Britain’s most notorious prisoner, is to stand trial in Leeds over an attack allegedly carried out while he was being held at HMP Wakefield.
The 65-year-old is said to have assaulted Mark Docherty inside the high security prison on January 25 this year.
Read more: Gangland figures and reality TV star party at Charles Bronson's wedding reception
Bronson, who now calls himself Charles Salvador, had been due to appear at Leeds Magistrates’ Court this afternoon via a video link from HMP Frankland in County Durham.
However, it was agreed that the hearing would... read more
- 03:15 Glove story for Lindsay
- 03:15 £15k David Goode elf statue stolen in Crickhowell
- 03:15 Children's colourful mural erases Ynysangharad racist graffiti
- 03:15 Scalford Hall wedding ruined 'when chefs walked out'
- 03:15 Crime at airports has doubled in two years
- 03:12 Laos dam collapse: work continues on huge projects despite promised...
- 03:07 Police investigating spate of arson attacks
- 03:05 How the internet saw the great Turnbull-Dutton Liberal spill (part 1)
- 02:56 Venezuela crisis: More migrants cross into Brazil despite attacks
- 02:44 Eltham hammer attack: Man charged with attempted murder
- 02:43 Man City news: Vincent Kompany fires title warning to rivals after...
- 02:43 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp asked about Man City after Palace...
- 02:37 Livingston family firm opens ‘game-changing’ recycling centre
- 02:37 Investment drives Motive expansion
- 02:33 Trump says interview with Mueller could be 'perjury trap'
- 02:33 Standoff in Italy as Salvini refuses to let in refugees after...
- 02:08 Northampton grandfather finally laid to rest five months after...
- 01:58 Overwhelming majority of Australians believe federal politicians...
- 01:40 Praise for hospice where we can be ‘just a family’
- 01:38 Jacinda Ardern freezes New Zealand MPs' pay to tackle rich-poor divide
- 01:38 Melania decries 'destructive' social media amid Trump Twitter attacks
- 01:16 Parramatta Eels deny new NRL salary cap cheating claims
- 01:13 Workers in open-plan offices 'more active'
- 01:09 Asthma sufferers warned before returning to school
- 01:06 Help for cancer care
- 01:02 Mother gives birth to baby boy in helicopter at 1,400ft
- 01:02 Irishman, 80, who emigrated in 1954 gets huge response to emotional...
- 00:57 Jeremy Hunt wants 'malign' Russia to face tougher sanctions
- 00:56 John Oldfield: Honour Kofi Annan’s memory in slavery fight
- 00:56 Nigel Adams: How we will make social housing the path to a better life