Charity set up in memory of Hartlepool woman Kay Smith donates thousands to Alice House Hospice
A charity fund has donate thousands of pounds to children's bereavement service at Hartlepool's hospice. The Kay Smith Fund continued its longstanding support of Alice House Hospice with a donation of £4,000 towards a vital service.
The donation will go towards the Counselling and Support Service at the hospice - in particular the Children’s Bereavement Service.
The Kay Smith Fund was formed as a tribute to namesake Kay, who sadly died from cancer in 2006 aged just 37.
Since then, the charity has raised money in memory of the much loved and missed Kay and has so far donated over £125,000 to... read more
- 01:25 Obesity overtaking smoking as biggest Welsh health risk
- 01:25 Wylfa: Decision on future of nuclear power station expected
- 01:19 UK groups fund illegal orphanages in Africa
- 01:11 Maria Sharapova prepares for grudge match with defending champion...
- 01:11 GCHQ sets up all-female cyber-training classes
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Spring sightings question thinking over...
- 01:05 No 10 rules out customs union after Brexiters warn of Tory split
- 01:05 Kenya attack: Who are the Nairobi victims?
- 01:05 Marie Kondo - does tidiness really equal a clean mind?
- 01:05 Teenage cancer survival 'on the up' in England, report finds
- 00:55 Calling time in town
- 00:51 Nauru doctor wins global free speech award for speaking out on...
- 00:49 UK house prices fall at fastest rate in six years on back of Brexit...
- 00:49 More than 170 business leaders join call for second Brexit referendum
- 00:46 The diet to save lives, the planet and feed us all?
- 00:37 Monika Billen: German tourist found dead in Australian outback
- 00:34 School's protective fence plan prompts neighbour complaints
- 00:30 Sudoku 4,271 hard
- 00:28 Parents' break-up more likely to harm mental health of children...
- 00:23 Reece Prescod: ‘I want to run sub-10 seconds for the 100m at every...
- 00:23 Manu Tuilagi ready to make ‘explosive’ England comeback, says...
- 00:22 Putin warns West on Balkans as Serbia prepares lavish welcome
- 00:21 Hermes: Where the luxury giant is an industry outsider
- 00:13 Why are the Chinese buying fewer cars?
- 00:13 Commuters and students 'short-changed by the government'
- 00:13 Retailers told to clean up act over fake faux fur
- 00:13 No-deal Brexit warning for UK drivers
- 00:13 Housing market outlook worst 'for 20 years'
- 23:57 School's protective fence plan prompts neighbour complaints
- 23:57 Residents' rage over garage forecourt facelift