Charity set up in memory of Hartlepool woman Kay Smith donates thousands to Alice House Hospice
A charity fund has donate thousands of pounds to children's bereavement service at Hartlepool's hospice. The Kay Smith Fund continued its longstanding support of Alice House Hospice with a donation of £4,000 towards a vital service.
The donation will go towards the Counselling and Support Service at the hospice - in particular the Children’s Bereavement Service.
The Kay Smith Fund was formed as a tribute to namesake Kay, who sadly died from cancer in 2006 aged just 37.
Since then, the charity has raised money in memory of the much loved and missed Kay and has so far donated over £125,000 to... read more
- 15:38 Lasting memorial is tribute for a Clarets' legend
- 15:38 New York soccer coach plays PNE name game for baby son
- 15:37 Pope rejects Cardinal Barbarin's resignation over abuse cover-up
- 15:36 Beavers secure protected status as Environment Secretary refuses to...
- 15:36 Were these films based on real characters and events? Take our quiz
- 15:36 Almost one in three children living under same roof as emotionally...
- 15:36 Snapchat child safety fears after age verification system branded...
- 15:36 School’s help of note from foundation
- 15:36 Sales push drives record EICC results
- 15:35 Pendle teenager diagnosed with terminal brain cancer ticks off...
- 15:35 Lasting memorial is tribute for a Clarets' legend
- 15:34 Sutton's new Lidl to built by Christmas
- 15:34 15 cars caught speeding in these Leeds streets in just one morning
- 15:34 Respite carers honoured for their work as Leeds Shared Lives scheme...
- 15:34 Were these films based on real characters and events? Take our quiz
- 15:34 Warning over increased risk of arson attack
- 15:34 Funding boost to help Whitley Bay wildlife site
- 15:33 New date for Dunfermline v Dundee United
- 15:33 You can now get KFC delivered to your door in Blackpool
- 15:32 Juventus set giant asking price for Man Utd and Man City target...
- 15:31 Nuneaton and Bedworth secures traveller injunction
- 15:31 Yorkshire Water 'to review future' of Calderdale grouse shooting moors
- 15:31 15 cars caught speeding in these Leeds streets in just one morning
- 15:29 Boy, 2, died with bleeding eyes after ‘mother’s boyfriend sat on...
- 15:29 ‘Bondage fan joined in police search for girl, 11, he murdered’
- 15:28 Lasting memorial is tribute for a Clarets' legend
- 15:27 CCTV appeal after man with pram dragged from bus and punched in...
- 15:27 Banbury skate park takes shape
- 15:27 Police detective sacked over sex comments at work
- 15:26 Watch driver CENTIMETRES from hitting man at cash point in 100mph...