Channel 4 to move hundreds of staff but keep London HQ
Channel 4 has reached a deal with the government to move hundreds of staff out of London and significantly increase the amount it spends making programmes outside the capital – but it will not be forced to sell its £100m London headquarters.
The broadcaster is understood to have laid out a plan to move more than 200 of its 800 staff out of the capital. It currently has only about 30 staff employed outside London. The plan will be the biggest shake-up in the broadcaster’s 35-year history.
Channel 4 is set to publish the proposed plan on Friday, which the government is expected to endorse. It... read more
- 19:34 Watch Katy Perry meet fans beside the Clyde in Glasgow ahead of...
- 19:33 New driver overtakes learner - and almost runs over man on zebra...
- 19:32 Two very different visions of Labour foreign policy
- 19:31 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:26 DUP leader Arlene Foster attends first Gaelic football final in...
- 19:26 Model shares remarkable photo of recovery after acid attack horror...
- 19:24 Retired British couple found dead in Jamaica
- 19:24 'A money-making machine': families struggle to pay Home Office charges
- 19:23 ‘In a dream world’ – England fans in Nizhny Novogorod react to...
- 19:23 Socceroos' time of transition sees baton pass from Cahill to Arzani
- 19:23 County cricket talking points: Surrey go top thanks to supreme Pope
- 19:23 Gareth Southgate: ‘We wouldn’t swap Harry Kane for anyone’
- 19:23 Wallabies prove 'tactically inept' against smarter Ireland
- 19:19 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:19 Leicester salutes services personnel at Armed Forces Day event
- 19:18 Antonia Syson obituary
- 19:18 Michael Banton obituary
- 19:13 England’s odds to win World Cup slashed after Panama thrashing
- 19:12 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho bins Alex Sandro plans, La...
- 19:12 Everton transfer news: FOUR set to follow Ramiro Funes Mori out as...
- 19:03 The slums of Hull: Starving families, people covered in filth and...
- 19:03 Mali Fula villagers were killed 'in cold blood'
- 19:03 'I still feel mutilated': victims of disgraced gynaecologist Emil...
- 19:01 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 18:59 Body found in search for missing Northumberland man
- 18:50 Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- 18:50 UK's 'most patriotic' street gets bunting out again for England
- 18:48 Egypt star Mohamed Salah considers retirement from...
- 18:48 Air ambulance called after serious road accident in Chesterfield
- 18:42 Liverpool transfer news: Lyon president speaks out on Nabil Fekir...