Celtic Connections review: Transatlantic Sessions, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Musicians are often envied for their supposedly cushtie lifestyles and timetables – sleeping late; few hours’ work of an evening, in between all the jet-setting and partying – but Friday’s first night of Celtic Connections showpiece Transatlantic Sessions (reprised as ever yesterday, before embarking on a sellout six-date tour) culminated an intensive 12-hour shift for its 16-strong cast, following two previous days’ rehearsal.
Transatlantic Sessions, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall ****
In that time, they worked up 20-odd brand-new live arrangements, of material chosen by the five guest... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle