Celtic beat the kings of Europe ten years ago and can reign over Bayern Munich now
Ten years ago today Celtic beat reigning European champions AC Milan on a historic night in Glasgow.
Stephen McManus hopes the Hoops team takes inspiration from the fact they were
underdogs when his opener and Scott McDonald’s late winner sealed a famous 2-1 win for Gordon Strachan’s side.
That’s why the ex-Celtic skipper reckons it would be foolish to write off their hopes of shocking Bayern Munich in the upcoming double-header.
He said: “The European nights were all great when you look back on them.
“I may be biased but there is not a better stadium in the world to rival Celtic Park on a... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle