CBI chief: 'Car firms face Brexit extinction'
Sections of the UK car industry face extinction unless the UK stays in the EU customs union, the president of the CBI has said.
Paul Dreschler also said there was "zero evidence" that trade deals outside the EU will provide any economic benefit to Britain.
But the government said it was "focused on delivering a Brexit that works for the whole of the UK".
Brexit campaigners said the CBI was "the voice of... vested interests".
Car woes "If we do not have a customs union, there are sectors of manufacturing society in the UK which risk becoming extinct,"... read more
- 13:17 Measles warning as European cases reach eight-year high
- 13:17 Benjamin Mendy dials back on phone use at Pep Guardiola’s urging
- 13:17 F1 briefing: Alonso backs Sainz, Gasly to replace Ricciardo
- 13:17 Hull man missing after Wakefield visit
- 13:16 Square Chapel in £65k Lottery windfall
- 13:16 Islamic State survivor Nadia Murad engaged to Yazidi activist
- 13:16 Mansfield police want to speak to these three young men
- 13:16 Doncaster Wildlife Park set to feature in new Channel 5 show
- 13:15 When good TV goes bad: how Community’s fourth series failed to make...
- 13:11 Have your say on health and well-being strategy for Northumberland
- 13:10 Teenage Fanclub to part ways with founding member Gerard Love
- 13:10 Labour condemns 'sickening' Lehman Brothers reunion party
- 13:09 Wolves linked with another Portuguese international on Jorge...
- 13:08 Harry Maguire could succeed at Manchester United, says Jonny Evans
- 13:08 Perfume thief jailed after taking scents worth £600
- 13:07 Venezuela prepares to devalue currency, amid fears it may worsen...
- 13:07 EU says Greece can 'finally turn the page' as bailout ends
- 13:07 Francis Ford Coppola agrees Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves might be...
- 13:06 Huge £4.8m transformation plans for Beverley Racecourse revealed
- 13:05 Paul Pogba warns Spurs: Man Utd are 'mad' and will use anger as...
- 13:04 Solutions for Nacer Chadli & Craig Dawson - West Brom's tasks...
- 13:03 Have your say on local policing issues in Aylesbury
- 13:03 Interview: Penelope Skinner tackles male chauvinism in Angry Alan
- 13:01 Gary Amer death: Pensioner 'stabbed tradesman 30 times'
- 13:00 How long it's taking council to replace your broken wheelie bins
- 12:59 Watch major milestone in Halifax Borough Market restoration
- 12:58 Manchester United board still have full faith in Jose Mourinho...
- 12:58 'Like a squirrel that's been drip-fed an espresso' Coventry fans...
- 12:57 Liverpool mum killed in crash named as family say she'll be in...
- 12:56 New president at the helm for Melton Belvoir Rotary Club