Carwyn Jones hints at move to Labour for Plaid outcast Dafydd Elis-Thomas
FIRST Minister Carwyn Jones yesterday issued a "come and join us' message to Plaid Cymru outcast Lord Dafydd Elis-Thomas.
The thinly-veiled invitation to defect to Labour followed the temporary withdrawal of the Plaid whip from the Dwyfor Meirionnydd AM.
Lord Elis-Thomas now faces party discipline for ignoring a three-line whip demand to vote in a no confidence debate in the Senedd.
But he said last night that he would not attend the hearing, and would be at the Royal Welsh Show.
- 13:13 Real snow Santa's grotto at Chill Factore – here's how to get tickets
- 12:57 First TV election debate: five things to look out for tonight
- 12:36 Council agrees new measures to tackle climate change
- 12:36 Stratford juniors secure best ever cross country result at Warley...
- 12:03 Aliens are ‘switching our nuclear weapons on and off’, says lobbyist
- 11:49 Sai Aletaha: Fatally hurt MMA fighter was 'liked by everyone'
- 11:03 Six things we learned from Prince Andrew’s ‘disastrous’ Jeffrey...
- 10:36 Family of Lichfield teenager reveal “devastation” after Friary...
- 10:36 Lichfield woman thanks charity for helping her find work as she...
- 10:25 Girl, 7, writes to Father Christmas asking for a home and food
- 10:00 Spark in Burntwood to host fundraising Christmas fair
- 09:29 Radcliffe sexual assault images released
- 08:16 Will Young and James Morrison confirmed for outdoor concert near...
- 06:35 Amateur MMA fighter Sai Aletaha dies after Southampton match injury
- 02:02 What is Jeremy Corbyn’s nuclear weapons policy?