Carstairs staff 'forced to close wards and drug patients to keep them quiet'
Under-pressure staff at Scotland’s State Hospital have complained of being forced to close wards and drug patients in a bid to keep them quiet.
Several wards at the hospital, which houses Scotland’s most dangerous psychiatric patients, have been shut from early afternoon leading to patients being locked in their rooms in isolation.
Whistleblowers have told the Record some patients cannot cope with the isolation and need to be drugged.
One said: “Wards are running continually short of staff, putting them and patients in danger if anything happens.
“Patients have been locked up in the early... read more
- 03:29 Australia must boycott Saudi summit over Khashoggi affair, senators...
- 02:58 Arts leaders call for more school funding
- 02:54 Drugs charge
- 02:35 Founder of student work experience platform takes venture to next...
- 02:29 The Mysteries: Six towns, six stories... one England?
- 02:26 Fact check: Donald Trump's claims versus climate science
- 02:09 Acorn Enterprise provides growth spurt for start-ups
- 02:05 Hostility to men and the elderly could become hate crimes
- 01:40 Royal tour: First glimpse of Meghan's baby bump
- 01:40 Stormy Daniels defamation lawsuit against Trump dismissed
- 01:29 The Yorkshire Post says: Stick to day job. Universal Credit...
- 01:27 Died and gone to heaven? No, that's air pollution Bryan Adams
- 01:25 Budget 2018 predictions: what will Philip Hammond announce?
- 01:25 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:14 Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Paul Allen dies aged 65
- 01:13 Andrew Vine: High street shops need support so use them or lose them
- 01:11 Prince Harry and Meghan given some very Australian baby gifts
- 01:04 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:02 The Yorkshire Post says: Thank you to Childline volunteers who...
- 01:02 Claire Perry: Greener world presents new opportunities for...
- 01:02 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 00:57 William Wallace: No deal on Brexit may well mean the end of the UK....
- 00:54 Facebook cracks down on ‘dark ads’ by British political groups
- 00:54 UK cyber-centre thwarts hostile hackers
- 00:52 Spain player ratings: How did Paco Alcacer, David De Gea and Thiago...
- 00:52 Arsenal news: Unai Emery has achieved something Arsene Wenger...
- 00:50 Sudoku 4,192 medium
- 00:50 City where only one train in three is on time
- 00:44 The face of Hull city centre could soon be transformed with big...
- 00:39 Usain Bolt offered European professional football deal – reports