Car with thousands of 'dodgy' cigarettes on board crashes on the A38
A car with 20,000 cigarettes on board crashed into a broken down vehicle on the A38.
Derbyshire roads policing unit said the driver also did not have insurance.
A spokesman for the policing unit said: "The car collides with a broken down vehicle in a live lane.
"Tries to continue without stopping but does not get very far. The reason? 20,000 dodgy Cigarettes on board and he's not insured."
The car has been seized and HM Customs are now investigating the cigarettes.
The crash happened last night (Wednesday, September 26).
- 06:34 Hartlepool business named as one of the best companies in Britain...
- 06:34 Dean Smith tells Conor Hourihane the best way to silence his Aston...
- 06:33 New CT scanner set to slash waiting times at Scottish hospital
- 06:33 Premier League table: Super computer predicts final standings...
- 06:33 Arsenal legend reveals he will be SHOCKED if Unai Emery does this...
- 06:33 Arsenal boss Unai Emery NEEDS Mesut Ozil: Gunners star makes...
- 06:33 Chelsea news: N'Golo Kante JUMPS to the defence of under fire Jorginho
- 06:32 Prepare to pay for a hidden pay increase – Martin Lewis
- 06:32 Jack Monroe, Bootstrap Cook interview - spilling the beans on tins,...
- 06:32 Janet Christie’s Mum’s the Word
- 06:32 Local Hero set to become ‘less Trumpian’ when it is turned into new...
- 06:32 Plagiarism lawsuit against Mark Millar thrown out of court
- 06:30 Scotland’s mountain snowsports suffer due to mild winter
- 06:27 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 06:26 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 06:24 Saturday's best TV: The Greatest Dancer Final; The Voice UK; Trapped
- 06:24 BBC Scotland to screen The Grey Area, 'Scotland's version of The Wire'
- 06:20 Bolton Street taxi office to move in to former estate agents
- 06:18 You can walk a mile in someone else’s shoes, but still won’t agree
- 06:18 I can’t get over my long-distance ex-girlfriend
- 06:18 Blind date: ‘I wanted to be consumed by Satan’s lustful flames’
- 06:18 Tim Dowling: why is everyone staring at my airport sign for my sister?
- 06:18 'We felt complete': why I chose to have only one child
- 06:15 The rumour about Ruth Davidson is as true as a Harry Potter tale –...
- 06:15 Women lead fight against ‘brosocialists’ and other extremists –...
- 06:15 Jeremy Corbyn’s divided Labour can never win – Brian Wilson
- 06:15 Brian Wilson: The claim that wool is as cruel as fur is ludicrous
- 06:15 Labour anti-semitism is part of sinister global trend – leader comment
- 06:15 We must face our history, not erase the bad bits – Jane Bradley
- 06:15 Stephen Jardine: Everyone deserves a decent lunch break