Car crushed in East London car park after flood pushed floor up by 4ft
A number of cars were crushed overnight when the floor they were on pushed them up to the ceiling.
The vehicles were on a surface that had polystyrene insulation beneath it in the underground car park.
Don't go out in a zombie apocalypse without this guide When a burst water main flooded the high street in Crayford, the insulation rose about 4ft causing some of the vehicles to become badly damaged.
Others were saved by a transit van that prevented them from hitting the roof.
London Fire Brigade was called to the scene to pump water out of the high street which was flooded when a 12ins water... read more
- 09:23 From a medieval fortress to a haunted opera house: The 10 best...
- 09:23 Two exclusive chances to see nature at its best: Explore The...
- 09:23 The city break... Taipei: Tackle the Four Beasts and soak in...
- 09:23 Walney Carnival to take place on Sunday July 1
- 09:23 Next iPhone ‘might have no ports at all’, new rumour claims
- 09:22 Arsonists strike SIX times across South Yorkshire over weekend
- 09:22 Three-car crash causes tailbacks on A595 near Workington
- 09:22 Staying in style in Barcelona
- 09:21 Arsonists strike SIX times across South Yorkshire over weekend
- 09:21 Countrywide seeks fresh funding as property sales slide
- 09:21 Careers Day proves a hit at Sherburn
- 09:21 Leicester heatwave: The top temperatures each day this week for...
- 09:20 Councils rake in millions from garden waste collections
- 09:17 Poulton woman left devastated after Timmy the tortoise goes missing
- 09:17 Resort youngsters join future dance stars for showcase night
- 09:17 Radio 4 stand up Jeremy looks at the human condition on tour
- 09:17 'Spanish plume’ could bring Britain’s hottest day in three years
- 09:16 Jeremy Hunt’s name is still a big problem for radio presenters
- 09:16 Judge gives drug-dealing friend of stabbing victim a chance before...
- 09:14 From the archive: the male nude in 1972
- 09:14 Three bags are better than one: Rihanna nails fashion’s most...
- 09:14 Seven ways to strengthen your core
- 09:13 The Mash Report's Rachel Parris: 'There was a lot of excitement and...
- 09:13 Recycle your old cooking oil
- 09:13 How to prevent sunburn but enjoy the heatwave we’re...
- 09:13 People don’t want to work in the UK anymore
- 09:10 Bowled over by beautiful Bequia: Jonathan Agnew unearths a secret...
- 09:10 Britain set for eight summer heatwaves with temperatures hotter...
- 09:10 Mohamed Salah ‘happy’ with Egypt amid Chechnya political symbol furore
- 09:09 Cheshire West team helps patients return to a normal life after...