Cancer patient feels 'privileged to be alive' after NHS trial treatment
A musician from Manchester has spoken of her joy at the NHS clinical trial which has given her the chance of an extended life.
Professional viola player Cathy Perkins, 63, who has melanoma in her finger, was given only months to live before she took part in a groundbreaking clinical trial.
"Four years later I feel privileged to be alive," she said.
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) has issued an urgent call for more people to volunteer for NHS clinical research trials, which are crucial for the progress of ongoing research.
A new study has revealed that few people... read more
- 03:21 Malcolm Turnbull says Peter Dutton has given him 'absolute support'
- 02:56 Nauru hunger strike: Border Force abandons multiple attempts to...
- 02:56 Sinking Leeds United crash to another defeat at Brentford
- 02:55 Burt Reynolds regrets turning down James Bond and Star Wars but...
- 02:47 Black Country drug dealer forced to pay back £60,000
- 02:37 North Korea to host emotional family reunions
- 02:37 Kerala floods: Relief teams rescue 22,000 as rains ease
- 02:32 WWE SummerSlam: Watch moment Becky Lynch SNAPS and attacks...
- 02:29 The Elizabeth Line: how much has it cost and when will it open?
- 02:15 Sticky Heelz signs US market deal
- 01:51 Greece emerges from eurozone bailout programme
- 01:43 Lazio fans tell women to stay away from stadium's 'sacred space'
- 01:43 Imran Khan ditches hundreds of servants as part of Pakistan...
- 01:33 Dramatic fall in number of civil partnerships in Lincolnshire
- 01:32 Michael Cohen under investigation for $20m bank fraud – report
- 01:18 'I broke every bone in my face - and survived'
- 01:18 Northamptonshire County Council 'bought rugby hospitality box'
- 01:14 Lombok: deadly quake hits island recovering from string of tremors
- 01:12 Jobcentre joke is the funniest at the Fringe
- 01:12 Exhibition for the man who created the first map of Wales
- 01:12 Evidence in the bones reveals rickets in Roman times
- 01:07 Funniest Edinburgh Fringe 2018 joke revealed as comedian's 'brain...
- 01:05 Daniel Bryan: WWE star reveals new contract decision ahead of...
- 01:03 Britain to stop funding Free Syria opposition as Assad closes in
- 01:01 South Tyneside Council vehicles rack up £181,000 in accident bills
- 00:54 Cockermouth's former youth hostel sees sale complete
- 00:52 ‘There is no defence for that’ – Paul Scholes hits out at...
- 00:52 Roger Federer names Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal as US Open...
- 00:47 MoJ seizes control of Birmingham prison from G4S
- 00:45 Were these Manchester's daftest ever ideas?