Can my fellow freeholders stop me claiming on our shared building insurance? They say they don't want our future premiums to rise
A leak caused a great deal of damage to my flat, with water seeping into the walls and destroying the plasterboard. I made a claim on our building insurance to have it repaired.
However, when my fellow freeholders found out that I had made a claim on our joint insurance, they said they were worried that it would cause our premiums to rise next year.
I and every other homeowner in the block of flats own an equal share of the freehold.
At our residents meeting, they expressed concern that I had approached the insurers directly without informing any other director and that the company... read more
- 20:58 Special showing of ITV series at caravan park
- 14:18 Persimmon homeowners in Newquay warn would-be buyers with signs
- 14:18 West Ham transfer news: Deal for Swansea star Alfie Mawson could...
- 16:54 More big events at De Montfort Hall after £582k live music plan...
- 16:54 Crime in Cheshire soars by almost a third over 12 month period
- 16:54 Tomorrow is being labelled as 'Frantic Friday' - and drivers could...
- 16:54 Norovirus strikes down families across Merseyside as outbreak...
- 16:54 Get on your bike and enjoy Yorkshire's cycle highways
- 20:58 NSPCC teams up with a Worksop housing project for It’s Not OK campaign
- 18:59 Poundworld to close all high street stores
- 17:26 Thousands sign petition demanding Andrew Griffiths quits after sex...
- 16:54 Firefighters on scene in Northampton after reports of smoke coming...
- 16:54 Weekend weather round-up: What to expect in Yorkshire over the next...
- 16:54 You can now fly directly from Leeds to Iceland at budget prices
- 14:18 NHS boss wants Lancashire learning disability unit closed
- 17:26 Boozy World Cup fan caught drink-driving as he dashed to McDonald’s
- 14:18 Preston North End’s opponents West Ham have had a busy summer
- 17:19 Rare crayfish are to blame for ‘unkept’ grass at retirement housing...
- 17:19 US Naval Attaché set to visit Whitehaven
- 20:58 Keep BBQs off Winter Hill, say firefighters
- 19:31 Four-week-old baby girl found 'safe and well' after carjacking ordeal
- 14:18 In pictures: Starbeck in Bloom’s 20th anniversary celebrations
- 14:18 VIDEO: Blackpool beauty queen Joanna wins the crown at world pageant
- 17:19 Peak District wildfire fund launched after spate of moorland blazes
- 14:55 Harrogate nurseries could be first in England to see bills halved
- 17:19 New police figures reveal West Yorkshire in top 5 areas for...
- 18:59 Bentley's Stefan Sielaff: Driving force
- 14:18 Sellafield launches three-person car sharing rule
- 20:58 Landmark for Bassetlaw Hospital department celebrated
- 17:19 Hanging Heaton edge out Methley in thrilling Twenty20 Cup Final