Called the wrong name at work? Awkward...
When a colleague told me my name autocorrected to Dorito and they were seconds away from calling me a tortilla chip in an email, I honestly didn't know what to say.
Our names are a key part of our identity so it can be incredibly frustrating when someone gets it wrong at work.
At least this occasion was better than when people have mispronounced my name as "Dirty" or misspelt it as "Druhti", but not knowing what to reply bothered me for days.
That's because getting a name wrong makes for somewhat awkward conversation for all involved. Do you tell them or do you let it... read more
- 16:08 Derbyshire Roads Policing Unit target rule breaking drivers in Codnor
- 16:07 Northampton man held loaded pistol to teenager's head over £70 debt
- 16:06 Curle ‘understands’ fans frustration but warns he needs ‘time and...
- 16:05 ‘Prison isn’t working’: David Gauke calls for end to short jail terms
- 16:05 Burglar jailed for more than two years for Pontefract house break-in
- 16:05 ABP seals new deal at Port of Hull with global packaging giant
- 16:05 Wakefield convenience shop applies for alcohol licence
- 16:04 Balmoral Tanks loses 'price-fixing' court case
- 16:04 Corby Council proposes council tax freeze
- 16:04 Multiple occupation home plan put on hold in South Shields
- 16:04 Exciting new film showcases magic of skiing Scotland’s wilderness
- 16:02 Scarborough Labour Group reacts to the resignation of seven MPs...
- 16:01 Nandos and drive-thru Starbucks could be coming to South Shore
- 16:01 Burglar jailed for more than two years for Pontefract house break-in
- 16:00 Derbyshire Roads Policing Unit target rule breaking drivers in Codnor
- 15:59 The man, 51, who got drunk and disorderly at Hull Fair
- 15:59 Where and when to see RAF Tornados flying for the last time
- 15:58 Thief admits to stealing £50,000 from vulnerable Hartlepool man
- 15:58 Cleveland Fire Brigade bosses hit out over government cuts as they...
- 15:58 New £100,000 footbridge planned for A515
- 15:58 Carousel returns to Chesterfield for half-term
- 15:57 Kettering headteacher 'can't wait for next full inspection' after...
- 15:57 Burglar who stole 'irreplaceable' wedding ring from Sunderland home...
- 15:56 How Hull business Sonoco Trident has its staff's wellbeing in mind
- 15:56 Police hunt for Doncaster teenager missing for over a week
- 15:55 Chelsea set to beat Man Utd if N’Golo Kante ‘can stop’ Red Devils...
- 15:55 Eden Hazard to stay if Zinedine Zidane joins Chelsea? - These...
- 15:55 Martin Keown reveals why Man Utd should be worried about Chelsea in...
- 15:55 Futture Calderdale Royal Hospital accident and emergency plan put...
- 15:54 Police statement on shocking attack which forced paramedics to...