Calais camp: Unicef urges UK to transfer refugee children
Unicef is appealing to the British government to speed up the transfer of unaccompanied child refugees from the "Jungle" migrant camp in Calais.
The charity says it is concerned the planned closure of the camp will lead to children there disappearing before they are processed.
Charities estimate there are about 400 unaccompanied children in the Jungle eligible to come to Britain.
The Home Office says it is committed to resettling "vulnerable children".
On a visit to Calais on Monday, French President Francois Hollande pledged to clear the Jungle camp by the end of the... read more
- 01:12 Surprise as DNA reveals new group of Native Americans: the ancient...
- 01:05 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:01 Clashes in Nigeria between farmers and herders kill 86
- 01:00 Baroness Sugg: Heathrow expansion will benefit all of UK
- 01:00 Jayne Dowle: Time to ban mobile phones from the classroom
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Back into battle. Treatment of military...
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Yorkshire’s future. Dan Jarvis leading...
- 00:54 Peter Gordon's panna cotta with balsamic blackberries recipe
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: A new deal for rural Britain? Don’t write...
- 00:53 MPs gear up for crunch Heathrow vote without Boris Johnson
- 00:52 Train passengers stranded in Glasgow for nearly two hours due to...
- 00:52 Thousands descend on Edinburgh for Cancer Research Race For Life
- 00:47 Sir Philip Green came close to acquiring M&S in 2004, book claims
- 00:47 Little green bag: Morrisons turns to paper in war on plastic
- 00:47 Single first-time buyer in London needs 17 years to find 15%...
- 00:47 Ofgem appoints economist Martin Cave as chairman
- 00:42 Barrow model train club offer free days to local disability groups
- 00:38 Mental health services for the young is NHS's 'silent catastrophe'
- 00:36 The $5bn tech boss who grew up without electricity
- 00:35 Ministers shake up contract bidding rules
- 00:34 Paper bags for fruit and veg return to Morrisons in bid to cut down...
- 00:34 ‘World’s biggest pizza’ contains 11,000 calories and is four-foot wide
- 00:29 England show best of rugby league in dazzling Denver defeat of New...
- 00:25 Why are there so many George Soros conspiracy theories?
- 00:21 UK-focused firms have struggled since Brexit vote, analysis finds
- 00:21 Award-winning Wild West End garden opens in central London
- 00:19 Home ownership out of reach for 2 million UK families, says thinktank
- 00:19 Uber to begin appeal over London licence denial
- 00:15 Labour vows to curb Ministry of Defence outsourcing
- 00:15 Birmingham and Hyndburn 'worst for food hygiene'