Buy-to-let's not dead yet: This is how some landlords can still make an 8.9% rental return
Buy-to-let has taken a bit of a bashing over the past two years with some landlords forced to sell up as profits dwindle - but it's still possible to make a decent return.
Research from specialist buy-to-let mortgage broker Mortgages for Business shows landlords who let out property on a room-by-room basis last year raked in yields of 8.9 per cent on average.
This compares to a much lower, though still healthy, 5.6 per cent yield on 'vanilla' buy-to-lets where the whole property is let on one tenancy agreement.
Multi-units, such as blocks of flats, generated yields of 8.1 per cent in 2017,... read more
- 06:51 Darren McGarvey: Michelle Mone just a pawn in TV poverty porn debate
- 06:51 BMA chairman quits with call for action on staff and bed shortages
- 06:51 Publicly-run trains plan slammed
- 06:51 Tax plan to target online retail giants is ‘ill considered and...
- 06:51 Stobart Group chosen to help deliver flood response technology by BT
- 06:50 'I'm cool under pressure': Usain Bolt takes A-League training bow
- 06:48 Castles under siege from new threat
- 06:47 “Respect has to be earned ‘mate’! Don’t you forget that.”
- 06:47 The real library borrowing figures at voluntary libraries
- 06:45 Check out more of the photos from Hartlepool Show
- 06:45 Hartlepool school cook on trial charged over £60,000 theft of...
- 06:45 Hospital staff have their say as health chief launches new drop-in...
- 06:42 No school for five years for Antrim boy with autism
- 06:40 Cruel thief stole donations from Dove House Hospice
- 06:40 Girl, 3, hospitalised after eating chocolate brownie at wedding...
- 06:40 Mum's horror as 'man lurking in bushes' flashes at daughter, 9, and...
- 06:40 Man Utd news: Real Madrid star interested in January transfer,...
- 06:39 Gang feud thugs set fire to OAP couple in horror attack at caravan...
- 06:39 Rangers fans asked to applaud during match against Ufa in honour of...
- 06:39 Spending £400m less per year on schools is real moral of SNP's...
- 06:39 Three women facing trial in connection with Gleneagles £500k...
- 06:38 Castles under siege from new threat
- 06:35 Castles under siege from new threat
- 06:35 Aston Villa linked with loan-to-buy move for striker - but there's...
- 06:33 Sunderland uni scoops silver award for veteran support
- 06:31 Pam Hogg: 'Just don't call me normal'
- 06:31 Labour MP candidate refuses to stand again for party in Sheffield...
- 06:30 Tuesday’s best TV: Manhunting With My Mum; Ackley Bridge
- 06:30 “SCC is not fit for purpose”
- 06:30 Asia Argento: police investigate sexual assault claim against actor