Business rates changes 'are threat’ to High Streets
There's a warning the health of Britain's high streets is being threatened by various business costs which will rise in April.
The Federation of Small Businesses is warning its members could struggle because of a planned rise in business rates and the National Living Wage.
In April, the amount companies in England pay in business rates will change for the second year in a row.
It follows a major revaluation by the government, which was introduced in 2017. It saw some bills going up, and others going down.
"Increases in rates bills are set to significantly outpace inflation this... read more
- 14:32 Colleen McCullough: The Thorn Birds author 'not coerced' over will
- 14:32 XXXTentacion death: Four men charged with rapper's murder
- 14:32 Radiohead demand answers over Toronto stage death
- 14:32 Netflix's Insatiable faces backlash over 'fat-shaming'
- 14:32 Mamma Mia 2: Lily James on following in Meryl Streep's footsteps
- 14:32 9 stars who turned down great film roles
- 14:32 Is The Equalizer 2 just a 'middle-aged male fantasy?'
- 14:32 Comic Con: It, Breaking Bad, Doctor Who and other big reveals
- 14:31 How the World Cup boosted 'Englishness'
- 14:31 Mustafa Dawood: Brother's questions after immigration raid death
- 14:31 'I was a child carer - it made me who I am today'
- 14:31 'I have to accept my daughter is gone'
- 14:31 Dentist tells of her 13,000 mile commute to fix island teeth
- 14:31 Liam Miller: GAA criticised for refusing Páirc Uí Chaoimh benefit
- 14:31 Reece Prescod: I'm either the next Bolt or an estate agent
- 14:31 Prince Charles recreates home at Buckingham Palace
- 14:31 The butterflies spotted in your back garden and beyond
- 14:31 Greg James posts emotional message as he swaps shows on Radio 1
- 14:31 David Walliams 'thrilled' to edit Beano 80th birthday edition
- 00:17 Slow simmer into a thrilling weekend at Carnoustie
- 00:17 Doncaster has one of the highest rates of burglary in England and...
- 14:31 UK heatwave shuts part of Leeds & Liverpool canal
- 14:31 Charlotte Church: 'I want to open a secondary school'
- 14:31 Fruit 'left to rot' due to labour shortages
- 14:31 Liam Gallagher urges brother Noel to bring back Oasis
- 14:31 Theresa May says EU must 'evolve' its Brexit position
- 14:31 Durham rugby players in Sri Lanka had 'taken heroin' before death
- 23:25 Liverpool transfer news: Memories of Steven Gerrard inspiring £52m...
- 14:31 Sir David Attenborough backs world's biggest butterfly count
- 23:25 BOXING CLEVER: How Liam Smith fought back from the brink to top the...