Burnley man dies after being hit by a train
A man died after being struck by a train in Brierfield.
Officers from the British Transport Police were called to tracks close to Robinson Lane at 4pm on Thursday after receiving reports of the incident.
Paramedics were called to the scene where a 29-year-old man from Burnley was pronounced dead.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: “The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
“His next of kin have been informed.”
- 10:43 Mansfield man charged with car key burglary
- 10:43 Lorraine Kelly wins £1.2m battle with taxman over ITV employee row
- 10:42 D-Day decision for Solihull motorway services plans is delayed
- 10:42 Footballing legend Chris Kamara teams up with Doncaster pub to...
- 10:41 Calderdale house prices down by 1.9 per cent in January
- 10:40 Jeremy Corbyn refused Brexit talks to save ‘breathing same air as...
- 10:40 Sex worker goes viral for licking aeroplane toilet in ‘gross’...
- 10:40 Here are all Google’s fines from the European Commission
- 10:40 Russian sailors rescued after leaving ship to go drinking
- 10:40 Jim Donegan: 'Paramilitaries' behind school gate murder
- 10:37 M5 will stay shut for HOURS after woman, 45, dies in crash near...
- 10:36 Warwick residents urged to be vigilant after spate of crime
- 10:36 Police officers speak to vehicle owner after parking problem in...
- 10:36 Burnley pie master tastes success at British Pie Awards
- 10:36 Pay rise is a chance to 'value' work of Birmingham councillors
- 10:35 Police officer from Sheffield at risk of losing job over ‘water...
- 10:34 Scarface fan who went on three-year killing spree found guilty of...
- 10:34 Calderdale house prices down by 1.9 per cent in January
- 10:33 No deal hypocrisy by the leave campaigners
- 10:33 US briefing: New Zealand gun ban, Brexit delay and slavery reparations
- 10:33 Bubblegum ice cream hits Asda shelves thanks to new supply deal
- 10:32 Warwick residents urged to be vigilant after spate of crime
- 10:32 Messi, Matty Taylor, Lewis Hamilton and commentators gone wild
- 10:31 Melton traders urged to display knives more responsibly
- 10:31 Cannabis driver flipped car onto roof in Burnley road
- 10:31 From extreme heat to sinking venues: how are festivals coping with...
- 10:31 Brexit: EU rejects May's request for three-month delay
- 10:29 Showjumping event to be held for missing Emiliano Sala plane pilot...
- 10:29 These are the worst areas in Doncaster for dog fouling
- 10:29 Premier League transfer news: Callum Hudson-Odoi, Philippe...