Briton 'freed' in Dubai after being found with 'too many pills'
A British man detained in Dubai who claimed he was being denied treatment for prostate cancer has been freed, according to a campaign group.
Perry Coppins, 61, was stopped by customs officials in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 1 November for having "too many pills" on him.
He said he was carrying legal anti-anxiety medication and prescription documents for a six-month ship voyage.
Detained in Dubai (DiD) said charges against him have now been dropped.
The maritime security officer, from Eastwood in Nottinghamshire, was due to complete six months' work on a ship.
He said he was... read more
- 09:54 Lower Hopton pair reach Old Bank finals
- 09:54 Kia reveals electric Niro with 301 mile range
- 09:54 Met Office issue ANOTHER weather warning ahead of Storm Callum -...
- 09:51 Leeds Windrush child Lorenzo’s globetrotting plans: He has got a UK...
- 09:51 Who was the mysterious gardener Miss Harrison?
- 09:50 Chelsea news: Pedro aims dig at Antonio Conte in Maurizio Sarri and...
- 09:50 Chelsea’s Mateo Kovacic reveals he still watches videos of...
- 09:49 Man charged with fraud after doorstep incident
- 09:48 Train services from Lancashire hit after power failure
- 09:46 Overhead wire damage sees major delays to Caledonian Sleeper service
- 09:46 Man charged with fraud after doorstep incident
- 09:46 Plaque unveiling to mark 100 years of South Tyneside village landmark
- 09:44 Crash blocks A66 near Appleby
- 09:43 Olympic swimmer Lizzie Simmonds a hit with Louth Dolphins
- 09:43 Farlam Hall: Peace at a price
- 09:42 The Nostalgia column with Margaret Watson
- 09:40 Superbike takes on F1 car, private jet, fighter jet and three...
- 09:37 The Nostalgia column with Margaret Watson
- 09:37 'Devastating' fire destroys popular pub in Moray town
- 09:36 Yotam Ottolenghi’s Middle Eastern recipes
- 09:35 Lincolnshire police sergeant to face gross misconduct hearing
- 09:35 Awards champion Tony Carlisle pays tribute to a South Tyneside hero...
- 09:35 South Shields gran braves the shave to boost cancer charity funds
- 09:34 Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder: What has been agreed? When is the...
- 09:32 Chris Grayling admits he failed to 'ask the difficult questions' in...
- 09:30 David Wotherspoon fighting to get back into the St Johnstone first...
- 09:31 'Our house fell apart – but our insurer won't pay the full amount'
- 09:31 Arsenal news: Pavon transfer claim, Ramsey and Gazidis prediction,...
- 09:30 Dundee United goalkeeper Matej Rakovan admits Falkirk game is...
- 09:30 Raith’s Grant Gillespie hoping interim boss Kevin Cuthbert can...