British Airways flight had ALL engines fail due to volcanic ash - and SURVIVED
Volcanic ash previously caused chaos to millions of passengers after the Eyjafjallajökull volcano in Iceland erupted in 2010, with another threatening to erupt imminently.
A British Airways flight was also affected by volcanic ash in 1982, which caused all four engines to fail.
This then meant that the plane was flying with no working engines, after flying over Mount Galunggung during a journey from Malaysia to Australia.
Amazingly, everyone onboard survived.
The five-hour journey that took place on June 24 first realised something was wrong after smoke was seen coming from the vents in the... read more
- 14:29 Billy Joe Saunders: Why has boxer been fined £100,000? Is his next...
- 14:29 Toilet and urinals smashed at a Derbyshire campsite
- 14:29 Man Utd chief Ed Woodward promises Jose Mourinho ‘world-class...
- 14:29 Suspected drink driver arrested after M6 smash
- 14:29 Driver flees scene after crash leaves passenger in hospital
- 14:29 Rugby Food and Drink Festival looks set to be the biggest and best...
- 14:28 Grenfell Inquiry: No-one should have lived there, says fire chief
- 14:27 Report details sexual abuse in German Catholic church
- 14:27 One of Burnley's oldest pubs celebrates "brilliant" re-opening 18...
- 14:27 Man went on sex and drugs binge then murdered, court told
- 14:27 Bill Cosby faces prison time as judge to hand down sentence for...
- 14:27 Brexit transition period too short unless deal on table soon, says...
- 14:25 'I would drink two bottles of wine before I picked the kids up'
- 14:25 Manchester United earn record revenues but still have debt of £487m
- 14:24 Cambridge University exhibition celebrates black graduates
- 14:24 Missing Filey wallaby found dead on roadside
- 14:24 Tube strike on Piccadilly line to Heathrow will go ahead tomorrow
- 14:23 Legal firms Pinsent Masons and Brodies to share same Edinburgh home
- 14:23 Bells to chime to remember Workington ringer killed in World War One
- 14:22 Huge police response to incident at Sheffield secondary school
- 14:21 Police hunt gunmen after man chased down alley and shot in broad...
- 14:20 Alan Johnson launches £3m appeal to bring historic trawler the...
- 14:19 ‘Stop this total mayhem’ – drivers’ fury after yet more roadworks...
- 14:18 Love Island given 1m more viewers as TV ratings include all devices
- 14:17 Beluga whale spotted swimming in River Thames
- 14:16 Letters - September 25, 2018
- 14:16 Date for Kenilworth 'Young People's Forum' confirmed after youth...
- 14:15 Apologetic Spireite has his football banning order lifted so he can...
- 14:15 Motorist is caught drink-driving after forcing police vehicle to...
- 14:14 Jet2 flight to East Midlands Airport declares emergency