Brexit: why is the government favouring goods over services?
Senior business leaders have pleaded with the prime minister to protect Britain’s vital professional services sector, amid suggestions the government is prioritising goods over services in the Brexit negotiations.
A letter signed by 42 members of the Professional and Business Services Council (PBSC), which represents the law, audit, consultancy, advertising and architecture sectors, warned Theresa May that failing to negotiate the right Brexit deal could damage a £188bn industry that employs 4.6 million people and “keeps the wheels of the British economy turning”.
The letter called for... read more
- 21:20 Four arrested after 'public order incident' in Penwortham
- 21:20 Widespread losses of pollinating insects revealed across Britain
- 21:20 Taxi bill for excluded pupils tops £1m
- 21:17 Families refusing help when they decide to home educate their children
- 21:17 Taxi bill for excluded pupils tops £1m
- 21:16 How will the Brexit indicative votes process work?
- 21:16 Tory Brexiters want May resignation date in order to back deal
- 21:15 Breakdown on M1 tonight closes lane between junctions for...
- 21:09 Ambulance called out to incident on The Moor in Sheffield
- 21:09 Vehicle ‘flips over’ after hitting pedestrian in Sheffield
- 21:09 Man’s body discovered in Doncaster home sealed off by police
- 21:04 Liverpool star Sadio Mane dubbed the new PELE by fans after...
- 21:03 Families refusing help when they decide to home educate their children
- 21:03 Taxi bill for excluded pupils tops £1m
- 21:02 Families refusing help when they decide to home educate their children
- 21:02 Taxi bill for excluded pupils tops £1m
- 21:01 Man’s body discovered in Doncaster home sealed off by police
- 20:59 How my beloved cousin chose to die on his own terms
- 20:59 Edinburgh photographer’s breathtaking Ethiopia work shortlisted for...
- 20:57 Drug dealer sold marshmallow leaves sprayed with WD40 thinking it...
- 20:55 Joao Felix, Nicolas Pepe and the nine players 'tipped' for a...
- 20:55 Wolves boss Nuno's incredible position after regional journalists...
- 20:55 All new cars to be fitted with technology to stop drivers going...
- 20:55 ‘Cop shot librarian wife dead after she flirted with someone else’
- 20:55 Petition to revoke Article 50 rejected after hitting 5,750,000...
- 20:53 Tories fight like rats in a sack to hang on to the hard Brexit dream
- 20:52 Paedophile caught with condoms by Wolf Pack Hunters in Glasgow's...
- 20:51 Plans to upgrade key junction to fix Borders Railway delays
- 20:50 Aston Villa attacker struck down with ankle injury
- 20:49 Vehicle ‘flips over’ after hitting pedestrian in Sheffield