Brexit fears subside as investors return to the market... but they're snapping up bonds not 'risky' shares
In the space of just a month, investor confidence turned around remarkably in August as the shock of the Britain's vote to leave the EU subsided, figures revealed today.
Record retail investment fund outflows of £1billion in July were reversed by net sales of £1.7billion the following month, more than double the £816million inflows recorded in August last year.
However, investors appear to have drastically lowered their appetite for risk and are buying low-yielding bonds rather than shares.
The vast majority of the inflows were into fixed income funds, with £1.2million flooding into the... read more
- 19:55 Paul Pogba reveals ‘small issues’ with Jose Mourinho were ‘nothing...
- 19:53 World Cup: England star Harry Kane fires warning to Cristiano...
- 19:51 Birmingham City chase international midfielder - reports
- 19:49 Marin Cilic delivers warning to Roger Federer after Queen’s title
- 19:39 Erdogan takes commanding lead in Turkish presidential election
- 19:38 Body found after fire at Ladbroke Grove flats
- 19:34 Watch Katy Perry meet fans beside the Clyde in Glasgow ahead of...
- 19:33 New driver overtakes learner - and almost runs over man on zebra...
- 19:32 Two very different visions of Labour foreign policy
- 19:31 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:26 DUP leader Arlene Foster attends first Gaelic football final in...
- 19:26 Model shares remarkable photo of recovery after acid attack horror...
- 19:24 Retired British couple found dead in Jamaica
- 19:24 'A money-making machine': families struggle to pay Home Office charges
- 19:23 ‘In a dream world’ – England fans in Nizhny Novogorod react to...
- 19:23 Socceroos' time of transition sees baton pass from Cahill to Arzani
- 19:23 County cricket talking points: Surrey go top thanks to supreme Pope
- 19:23 Gareth Southgate: ‘We wouldn’t swap Harry Kane for anyone’
- 19:23 Wallabies prove 'tactically inept' against smarter Ireland
- 19:19 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:19 Leicester salutes services personnel at Armed Forces Day event
- 19:18 Antonia Syson obituary
- 19:18 Michael Banton obituary
- 19:13 England’s odds to win World Cup slashed after Panama thrashing
- 19:12 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho bins Alex Sandro plans, La...
- 19:12 Everton transfer news: FOUR set to follow Ramiro Funes Mori out as...
- 19:03 The slums of Hull: Starving families, people covered in filth and...
- 19:03 Mali Fula villagers were killed 'in cold blood'
- 19:03 'I still feel mutilated': victims of disgraced gynaecologist Emil...
- 19:01 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas