Brexit could be postponed to stop UK ‘sleepwalking into a no-deal’
Extending the timetable for the UK’s European Union departure talks may be ‘unpalatable but essential’, experts have claimed in a new report which warns about the impact of ‘sleepwalking’ into a no-deal Brexit.
The Fraser of Allander Institute think tank, based at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, insisted that an orderly transition as the UK leaves the European Union is ‘vital’.
As a result its director Professor Graeme Roy said extending the Article 50 negotiating period – something Prime Minister Theresa May has already ruled out – could be ‘essential’, even if it proves... read more
- 02:54 Drugs charge
- 02:35 Founder of student work experience platform takes venture to next...
- 02:29 The Mysteries: Six towns, six stories... one England?
- 02:26 Fact check: Donald Trump's claims versus climate science
- 02:09 Acorn Enterprise provides growth spurt for start-ups
- 02:05 Hostility to men and the elderly could become hate crimes
- 01:40 Royal tour: First glimpse of Meghan's baby bump
- 01:40 Stormy Daniels defamation lawsuit against Trump dismissed
- 01:29 The Yorkshire Post says: Stick to day job. Universal Credit...
- 01:27 Died and gone to heaven? No, that's air pollution Bryan Adams
- 01:25 Budget 2018 predictions: what will Philip Hammond announce?
- 01:25 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:14 Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Paul Allen dies aged 65
- 01:13 Andrew Vine: High street shops need support so use them or lose them
- 01:11 Prince Harry and Meghan given some very Australian baby gifts
- 01:04 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:02 The Yorkshire Post says: Thank you to Childline volunteers who...
- 01:02 Claire Perry: Greener world presents new opportunities for...
- 01:02 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 00:57 William Wallace: No deal on Brexit may well mean the end of the UK....
- 00:54 Facebook cracks down on ‘dark ads’ by British political groups
- 00:54 UK cyber-centre thwarts hostile hackers
- 00:52 Spain player ratings: How did Paco Alcacer, David De Gea and Thiago...
- 00:52 Arsenal news: Unai Emery has achieved something Arsene Wenger...
- 00:50 Sudoku 4,192 medium
- 00:50 City where only one train in three is on time
- 00:44 The face of Hull city centre could soon be transformed with big...
- 00:39 Usain Bolt offered European professional football deal – reports
- 00:31 Letter from Africa: Kenya unveils biblical strategy to tackle...
- 00:26 Countries where smacking children is banned 'are safer to grow up in'