BREAKING: North Korea has 'fired missile into Japanese waters'
Rogue state North Korea fired a missile which may have landed in Japanese waters, according to reports.
Japan's cabinet is expecting to do a media briefing shortly.
The Pentagon confirmed it has detected what it assesses was a ballistic missile launch from the country.
Japan's public broadcaster NHK, citing government officials, said the apparent missile may have landed in Japan's exclusive economic zone.
If confirmed, the latest test would be the 14th missile test conducted by North Korea in 2017.
It comes after claims the state will be able to launch a nuclear-capable intercontinental... read more
- 08:39 David Bowie's first demo track discovered in old bread basket
- 08:39 I'm a bisexual woman who has met a lovely man – but I can’t have...
- 08:39 Diana Penny: Scotland’s tourism and travel businesses are booming
- 08:38 10,000 customers move to ‘democratic’ energy firm
- 08:38 Plan early and avoid debit cards: how to get the most from holiday...
- 08:38 Brian Monteith: A new party offers no guarantees of reversing...
- 08:39 Loris Karius hits back at Liverpool fans who mocked him for...
- 08:38 Leader comment: Turbulent times may demand change
- 08:38 Why didn’t my Eames chairs come up to the mark?
- 08:38 Lesley Riddoch: Brexit puts our fruit farmers in a jam
- 08:39 Jose Mourinho fires warning to Anthony Martial after Chelsea...
- 08:38 Communities could lose out on broadband and mobile coverage
- 08:39 Brazil far-right politician enters presidential race
- 08:38 Wheelchair access row over 100 rail stations
- 08:39 Iker Casillas launches staunch defence of under-fire Liverpool...
- 08:38 Quorn invests £7m into R&D on back of veganism boom
- 08:38 Anger as four million Virgin customers lose channels in UKTV row
- 08:39 Chinese Premier Li Keqiang calls for crackdown on vaccine industry
- 08:39 Trump and Iran's Rouhani trade angry threats
- 08:38 No-deal Brexit risks 'civil unrest', warns Amazon's UK boss
- 08:39 Jose Mourinho told he must sell one player if he wants a new...
- 08:38 Cockroaches and mice infest psychiatric hospital kitchens
- 08:39 Bayern Munich chief Uli Hoeness celebrates Mesut Ozil retirement:...
- 08:38 NHS forced to pay £1,900 a shift for locum nursing staff
- 08:39 Tiger Woods angry at himself despite best Major finish in FIVE years
- 08:38 SNP warns no-deal Brexit leaves Scottish economy facing devastation
- 08:37 Country diary: a boon to walkers, a threat to the wetland
- 08:38 Paramedics to take over GPs’ house calls across Edinburgh
- 08:37 All roads lead to Romagna
- 08:38 Two dead and 13 injured shooting outside restaurant in Toronto, Canada