Brave nine-year-old recovering after aneurysm and stroke left her paralysed and blind in one eye
A nine-year-old girl is making a brave recovery after suffering an aneurysm which doctors feared she might not survive.
Evie Curtis was playing outside in the garden of her new home in Grimsby, Lincolnshire, when she suddenly felt a pain in her neck.
Moments later she suffered an aneurysm and collapsed on the ground.
Her mum Jody told Grimsby Live : "It was so sudden - one moment she had a pain in her neck, and the next she was having a fit on the floor. I called 999, but I was so in shock I could hardly speak.
"The drive to Nottingham Children's Hospital was the worst two hours... read more
- 12:26 The Great British Bake Off: Karen remembers her roots
- 12:25 'It's a town centre not a student village!" - 14 things you said...
- 12:24 Fall in strength and fitness of 10-year-olds, study shows
- 12:24 The Great British Bake Off: Karen remembers her roots
- 12:24 Preston North End boss Alex Neil will not rush Jordan Storey’s...
- 12:23 Arsenal boss Unai Emery urges Rob Holding to continue performing...
- 12:23 Taste of Leamington charity event set to return
- 12:22 Man City news: Phil Foden reacts to Andres Iniesta comparisons
- 12:21 SAFC executive director Charlie Methven slams ‘parasites’ who are...
- 12:21 Fresh designs ready for £150 million hotel, office, homes and bars...
- 12:20 Free Kinema tickets to mark cinema day
- 12:20 Strange hangover cures that you've probably never heard of but...
- 12:19 SAFC executive director Charlie Methven slams ‘parasites’ who are...
- 12:18 Police drugs operation in Stratford
- 12:18 How Aylesbury prisoners are getting redemption through coffee
- 12:17 Man remains in hospital after double stabbing in Sheffield
- 12:17 Top 10 books about Old Shanghai
- 12:15 Man remains in hospital after double stabbing in Sheffield
- 12:14 Sporty Volvo V-60
- 12:14 Girls in Grimsby using 'socks, napkins and newspaper' as makeshift...
- 12:14 New Guides Division Commissioner
- 12:13 Phil Foden laughs off Iniesta comparisons after first City goal
- 12:13 The great unsolved mystery of the missing Marjorie West
- 12:13 HRH The Princess Royal officially opens new housing development in...
- 12:13 Statue wars: what should we do with troublesome monuments?
- 12:13 EU steps up plans for no-deal Brexit as Labour stance alarms capitals
- 12:13 Monkeypox: Heathcare worker is third UK case of disease
- 12:13 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: PM calls for her release
- 12:12 Carlisle man who had child abuse images was addicted to porn - court
- 12:12 Sickness among council workers revealed