Bradley Neil recovers from a traumatic moment to a strong start to Scottish Open
Bradley Neil’s attempt to reboot his game and rookie European Tour season survived a traumatic moment at Gullane but left him in decent position after the first round.
The 22-year-old from Blairgowrie called together his brains trust – caddie, coach, manager and dad Rod – after his opening 79 in Ireland last week was the latest in a series of dispiriting scores after the promise of the first two rounds at Wentworth back in May.
A two-under 70 on the second day at Ballyliffin seemed to work and he was going well again at Gullane until an errant tee shot struck a young boy on the 10th.
“When... read more
- 12:42 'Just what the party needs': Ocasio Cortez and Sanders woo Kansas...
- 12:42 Jacob Rees-Mogg says UK is heading for no-deal Brexit
- 12:41 LIVE: All the latest news and updates from Saturday at Tramlines
- 12:41 A taste of college life for Year Six pupils 10 years ago
- 12:39 Behind scenes at woodland site
- 12:36 ‘Angel Of Death’ baby killer fighting for life after contracting...
- 12:35 Man Utd Transfer News: Bale exclusive, statement signing possible,...
- 12:34 Police search for missing Carlisle man
- 12:34 Lakesman Triathlon pumps £1.7m into local Cumbria economy
- 12:31 Brits to bask in 30C this weekend as hot weather returns following...
- 12:31 Chelsea transfer news: How Gonzalo Higuain could slot into Maurizio...
- 12:30 Man, 23, charged with city centre shooting appears in court
- 12:28 DUP meet to discuss Ian Paisley future after suspension
- 12:26 Sunderland transfer news: Five most likely signings – George Evans...
- 12:26 Arsenal youth star Jordi Osei-Tutu given hilarious tip on how to...
- 12:26 Joseph Parker rips into Anthony Joshua for ‘making excuses’
- 12:26 Pocklington residents show appreciation for the NHS
- 12:24 Giant moon artwork goes missing in post on way to Austria
- 12:24 Body of man found at skate park in Skegness
- 12:24 Behind scenes at woodland site
- 12:24 I can’t sing the praises of Calderdale people enough, says...
- 12:19 Usain Bolt’s football dream keeps on running but reality fails to...
- 12:19 Carlisle farm building blaze requires 20 firefighters and five...
- 12:18 Rhod goes back on the road
- 12:16 Einstein's directors fear Chesterfield development could cause...
- 12:16 Children cheer residents
- 12:15 Linkin Park pay emotional tribute to Chester Bennington on first...
- 12:15 Your 'NOW' music CD compilation could be worth a fortune
- 12:15 This is what Jack Grealish has said to Steve Bruce ahead of Aston...
- 12:14 Motorist abandons broken down car on M1 in South Yorkshire