Brackley family keeps up fight for access to pioneering drug
For more than 1,000 days a fight has gone on to access a ground-breaking drug which could make a significant difference to the long-term health of a Brackley couple’s daughter.
Paul and Catherine Upstone’s 14-year-old daughter Cerys has Cystic Fibrosis, a condition which causes a build-up of thick sticky mucus in the lungs, digestive system and other organs, which will require a lifetime of medications and physiotherapy to manage.
Cerys said: “I have to take antibiotics for symptoms and stuff like that.”
Catherine added: “She has two sessions of physiotherapy every single day and about four... read more
- 14:14 Woman reunited with wedding ring nine years after flushing it
- 14:14 Whole Foods found to have cancer-linked chemicals in their packaging
- 14:14 Marks & Spencer is now selling foot long pigs in blankets
- 14:14 Drinking a glass of wine a day could keep you out of the hospital
- 14:14 Get out of jail free - how Yorkshire firm’s Monopoly boards helped...
- 14:14 Reward on offer to catch Corby’s most wanted man
- 14:14 Plans for housing on riverside site resubmitted
- 14:13 Why has Labour not called a no-confidence vote?
- 14:13 Holding Court: entrepreneur Harry Mead on the future of private...
- 14:12 Reward on offer to catch Corby’s most wanted man
- 14:12 Live: Huge traffic tailbacks after collision at busy Nuneaton island
- 14:11 Will Sir Greg Knight be backing Theresa May in tonight's vote?
- 14:11 Fundraising campaign for sick children will be lasting legacy of...
- 14:10 Alisson the rock in Liverpool’s solid defence, says Van Dijk
- 14:10 Team Sky’s legacy: titles and ambition tarnished by coldness and...
- 14:10 'It came a bit out the blue' The verdicts from the Wolves dressing...
- 14:10 Meet the rough sleepers living on the streets of Birmingham
- 14:10 Masked crowbar thugs storm Spar Express and snap open till in Great...
- 14:10 Santa tells children to 'get the f*** out' after ripping off beard...
- 14:10 Fundraising campaign for sick children will be lasting legacy of...
- 14:10 Valley councillors overturn controversial change to complaints...
- 14:08 Cat Smith column: This Brexit shambles is definitely not top of the...
- 14:07 Will Sir Greg Knight be backing Theresa May in tonight's vote?
- 14:06 Festive magic at Woodhall Spa’s Christmas Fayre
- 14:05 Fundraising campaign for sick children will be lasting legacy of...
- 14:05 Explorer inspires Skegness pupils with his book donation
- 14:05 Theresa May could stand down before election, No 10 suggests
- 14:05 Young stars shine in traditional show
- 14:05 Warning of booze risks
- 14:03 Coventry City FC quiz: Can you name these 12 Sky Blues players from...