Br Paul Dunleavy in court over child sex abuse claims
A former headmaster of a Newry primary school has appeared in court charged with 41 sexual offences against children.
Christian Brother Paul Dunleavy, 82, with an address at the Province Centre on Dublin's Griffith Avenue, appeared in Laganside Magistrates' Court.
The charges relate to the 1960s and 70s when Br Dunleavy was a teacher at St Colman's Abbey Primary School in Newry.
They include accusations from nine boys. He was released on £500 bail.
The school closed in 2014 when it was merged with another school in the city.
At Monday's brief hearing, Br Dunleavy confirmed that he... read more
- 14:29 Expect the unexpected!: Pendle road safety group's awareness event...
- 14:29 The Real Schools Guide: Search for your secondary school
- 14:29 Concern for man who has gone missing while visiting Leicester
- 14:29 Can you get out of the car if you're stuck in a motorway jam? The...
- 14:29 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:28 Wave of support for conservation
- 14:28 Man to face trial over Roker Avenue rape allegation
- 14:28 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:27 Leeds mum accused of allowing son to ‘rot to death’ tells jury: ‘I...
- 14:27 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:27 Ice cream doesn’t actually cool you down (so here’s what to do in...
- 14:27 Donald Trump blasts restaurant that booted out his press secretary
- 14:26 Mud and rain are part of festival season – sexual harassment and...
- 14:26 Soap stars scouted out to be skills ambassadors
- 14:26 Harley-Davidson to shift some production out of US over EU tariffs
- 14:26 Oil firm headed by Tory donor refused to pay £14m consultancy bill
- 14:25 Drunk who threatened to chop off teenager’s fingers with meat...
- 14:25 Friars Square has the best shopping centre security team in the...
- 14:24 Male students in England and Wales more likely to kill themselves
- 14:24 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:23 Barcelona transfer news: Antoine Griezmann snub theory discussed by...
- 14:23 Anger over alleged bus fare increases across Sheffield
- 14:23 How hot does it have to be before you can legally leave work?
- 14:22 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:22 HS2 protestor locks minister in Kenilworth farm during 'green...
- 14:22 Open garden event at stunning Ribble Valley home
- 14:21 Why Gavin Williamson is blackmailing Theresa May with a £20bn threat
- 14:21 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:21 Three quarters of Brits can't identify East Midlands landmarks -...
- 14:19 Business column: Lee Kenny looks at the many challenges faced by...