Boy, 2, finally gets a kidney transplant two months after he was denied because his dad violated his parole
A two-year-old boy has received a potentially life-saving kidney transplant nearly two months after the operation was controversially delayed.
AJ Burgess, who will be three in January, was born without kidneys.
But his family was told he was not eligible for a transplant before his father Anthony Dickerson, who was a perfect match, had violated his parole.
On Tuesday night, after eight weeks of campaigning, his parents were told that a kidney from a deceased donor was available, and AJ had a successful transplant on Wednesday morning at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta.
The boy will... read more
- 09:50 Luke Shaw determined to be first name on Manchester United team-sheet
- 09:51 Too long to fit: launch of new Spanish sub runs aground
- 09:50 Nabil Fekir transfer off the table after Liverpool complete...
- 09:50 NUS president Shakira Martin accused of bullying at union HQ
- 09:50 Australia and Ireland in race to secure talented Fowler family
- 09:50 Tiger Woods cruelly pushes away children waiting for autographs at...
- 09:50 Chelsea’s Maurizio Sarri in no rush to contact Hazard and Courtois...
- 09:50 Zlatan Ibrahimovic backs Paul Pogba to reproduce World Cup form for...
- 09:49 What it’s like to be a parent when you have obsessive...
- 09:50 Football transfer rumours: Arsenal to sign Kingsley Coman from Bayern?
- 09:50 Basketbrawl: three Australian and 10 Philippine team members suspended
- 09:49 Meghan Markle is just like us and does her own makeup
- 09:50 How WhatsApp helped turn an Indian village into a lynch mob
- 09:49 The UK’s most expensive bed is on sale for £75,000
- 09:50 Sharks attack two children in New York, officials say
- 09:49 A rescue cat has become the unlikeliest of best friends with two sheep
- 09:50 Court rules South Korea must pay for Sewol victims
- 09:49 Teenagers prefer to spend time with their families over having sex,...
- 09:50 Two cats dead after plummeting from Druids Heath tower block fell...
- 09:49 Mum says £3 cream has cured her cystic acne
- 09:50 This former Aston Villa man is in the Guinness Book of Records -...
- 09:49 Don’t eat right before bed – a study says it could increase risk...
- 09:50 Australia PM says Pope must sack archbishop over cover-up
- 09:49 Please stop asking very rich people how they’re affording to buy...
- 09:52 Kevan Christie: Judge politicians and officials by ability, not BMI
- 09:50 India Netflix actor Rajshri Deshpande 'disgusted by porn star label'
- 09:49 'No-warning TV': why are surprise releases becoming so popular?
- 09:52 Leader comment: Health service without doctors is not worthy of the...
- 09:50 Celeb plastic surgeon Dr Bumbum goes on the run as woman dies after...
- 09:50 Jewish nation state: Israel approves controversial bill