'Bottle propping' warning after death of baby Alex Masters
A coroner has warned against giving babies "propped up" bottles of milk after a a four-month-old died when he was left to feed alone in his car seat.
Alex Masters choked to death on his milk after godmother Claire Sawyer fell asleep on the sofa at her Lincoln flat.
An inquest was told Miss Sawyer had given him a bottle of milk with a blanket propped underneath it.
Coroner Stuart Fisher said although it was not illegal, babies feeding from a propped bottle should be supervised.
The infant, from Gainsborough, died after being taken to Lincoln County Hospital on 3 October, 2015.
Miss... read more
- 13:24 Louth CC: Second XI captain climbs off sickbed to hit match-winning...
- 13:22 Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder: does Briton stand a chance?
- 13:22 Minister says Brexit will create exciting opportunities for Humber...
- 13:21 Harrogate band honoured by world famous Niagara Falls
- 13:21 Advice for home buyers in Ripon: What to do if you're worried about...
- 13:21 Fall in number of civil partnerships in Wigan
- 13:21 Wanted Northampton man failed to turn up at court to face assault...
- 13:21 ALERT: Bike thief on the prowl in Doncaster suburb
- 13:19 Wanted Northampton man failed to turn up at court to face assault...
- 13:19 These are travellers’ and Gypsies rights when they move onto land
- 13:19 Trusted post office worker abused her position to pocket £29k
- 13:18 Love Island stereotype of male firefighters 'puts women off job'
- 13:18 Crossbenchers won't confirm they will guarantee supply under Dutton
- 13:17 Man arrested after car crash in Whitley Bay
- 13:16 Firefighter tackle Chesterfield grass fire
- 13:16 Why the suffering knew no end
- 13:16 Man Utd news: Ex-Prem star says club MUST sack Jose Mourinho or Ed...
- 13:16 The best properties for 500 grand
- 13:14 Arsenal warn Aaaron Ramsey not to expect pay parity with Mesut Ozil...
- 13:14 'I'm sure Liam will be helping her celebrate' - charity shares...
- 13:13 People who look after their teeth are less likely to suffer from...
- 13:13 Outbreak of West Nile virus kills 22 in Europe
- 13:13 SNP’s £350k action plan to get parents to help at Scottish schools
- 13:12 Jobs saved as Staveley firm bought out of administration
- 13:12 House of Fraser slammed as shoppers told to cough up cash and post...
- 13:12 Calls to ban vaginal mesh implants in Scotland after 'serious...
- 13:11 Chief al-Qaeda bomb maker 'killed in Yemen strike' - US reports
- 13:11 Driving drowsy: 10% of Lancashire drivers have nodded off at the wheel
- 13:11 Coventry man jailed over 130mph chase in stolen car
- 13:10 Man in court after resisting police officer