Boston shop 'put people's health at risk' with out of date food, court told
A Boston shopkeeper who put his customers' health at risk by having out of date food for sale has been banned from trading and landed with a hefty bill.
Boston Borough Council food hygiene inspectors found meat products displaying expired use-by dates on the shelves when they visited European Food and Wine in High Street, Boston, on May 17.
The goods included a pack of hot dogs that was 12 days out of date, and other meat products that were between four and one day out of date.
The councillor responsible for regulatory services said selling out of date food was unacceptable, and people's... read more
- 09:53 Roger Waters condemns Richard Branson's Venezuela aid concert
- 09:53 Laura Ashley profit warning as sales slump
- 09:53 Shamima Begum 'a bit shocked' that UK has revoked citizenship
- 09:52 Councillors host Pocela surgery
- 09:52 The Life at Westminster column with Sir Greg Knight MP
- 09:52 ‘Hugely patronising’ - Sunderland MP slams Apprentice star Lord...
- 09:51 ‘Right to buy’ council houses sales rising in Northampton
- 09:50 Thousands of missed GP appointments cost NHS millions
- 09:49 Lynx makes ASMR tutorials to show you how to shave your balls
- 09:48 Commuters' frustrated time on Harrogate rail line
- 09:48 The revealing West Brom interview that will strike fear into...
- 09:48 Jarrell Miller laughs off Tyson Fury claim that he was knocked down...
- 09:48 New YouGov poll reveals impact Brexit will have on businesses...
- 09:48 It’s still not safe for footballers to come out, but we’re...
- 09:47 This is why you might see smoke pouring from a derelict Halifax...
- 09:47 Man has ear slashed in attack outside Iceland in Holderness Road
- 09:46 Selston mum, 17, grieves for loss of her five-week-old daughter
- 09:46 Popping up for one week only in Castle Quay
- 09:46 Funding reduced to treat alcoholics and drug abusers in Notts as...
- 09:46 Sheffield veterinary practice to star in TV show The Pets Factor
- 09:45 Isis bride complains of ‘unjust’ treatment that she’s been stripped...
- 09:43 Teens charged after man stabbed near The Mailbox
- 09:43 Lloyds to return billions to investors after profit hike
- 09:43 Battle lines drawn over plans for new homes in Solihull
- 09:42 Derbyshire sex offender is put behind bars after indecently...
- 09:41 Dundee’s Jim McIntryre anticipates home turf challenge from Hibs
- 09:41 Derbyshire sex offender is put behind bars after indecently...
- 09:39 Derbyshire sex offender is put behind bars after indecently...
- 09:39 Apple’s rumoured AirPods 2 could come in a snazzy black finish
- 09:39 Anthony Joshua vs Jarrell Miller fight date, TV channel, tickets,...