Borough Market trader calls for terror attack support
A trader says he has been "left in the gutter" by insurers and the government after the London Bridge terror attack.
Fred Foster, a fruit and vegetable wholesaler at Borough Market, lost almost £100,000 in business when police cordoned off the market for 10 days.
His insurers Aviva said it has paid out £150,000 to customers but Mr Foster did not have the relevant cover.
Ministers have conceded the current insurance model was outdated and should be revised to help businesses.
Mr Foster's claim for lost trade was turned down by Aviva because he had insurance cover for business... read more
- 14:32 Colleen McCullough: The Thorn Birds author 'not coerced' over will
- 14:32 XXXTentacion death: Four men charged with rapper's murder
- 14:32 Radiohead demand answers over Toronto stage death
- 14:32 Netflix's Insatiable faces backlash over 'fat-shaming'
- 14:32 Mamma Mia 2: Lily James on following in Meryl Streep's footsteps
- 14:32 9 stars who turned down great film roles
- 14:32 Is The Equalizer 2 just a 'middle-aged male fantasy?'
- 14:32 Comic Con: It, Breaking Bad, Doctor Who and other big reveals
- 14:31 How the World Cup boosted 'Englishness'
- 14:31 Mustafa Dawood: Brother's questions after immigration raid death
- 14:31 'I was a child carer - it made me who I am today'
- 14:31 'I have to accept my daughter is gone'
- 14:31 Dentist tells of her 13,000 mile commute to fix island teeth
- 14:31 Liam Miller: GAA criticised for refusing Páirc Uí Chaoimh benefit
- 14:31 Reece Prescod: I'm either the next Bolt or an estate agent
- 14:31 Prince Charles recreates home at Buckingham Palace
- 14:31 The butterflies spotted in your back garden and beyond
- 14:31 Greg James posts emotional message as he swaps shows on Radio 1
- 14:31 David Walliams 'thrilled' to edit Beano 80th birthday edition
- 00:17 Slow simmer into a thrilling weekend at Carnoustie
- 00:17 Doncaster has one of the highest rates of burglary in England and...
- 14:31 UK heatwave shuts part of Leeds & Liverpool canal
- 14:31 Charlotte Church: 'I want to open a secondary school'
- 14:31 Fruit 'left to rot' due to labour shortages
- 14:31 Liam Gallagher urges brother Noel to bring back Oasis
- 14:31 Theresa May says EU must 'evolve' its Brexit position
- 14:31 Durham rugby players in Sri Lanka had 'taken heroin' before death
- 23:25 Liverpool transfer news: Memories of Steven Gerrard inspiring £52m...
- 14:31 Sir David Attenborough backs world's biggest butterfly count
- 23:25 BOXING CLEVER: How Liam Smith fought back from the brink to top the...