Boots owner denies overcharging NHS for cancer mouthwash
The owner of Boots has rejected claims it overcharged the NHS for a mouthwash used by cancer patients.
An investigation by the Times newspaper said the high street chemist charged the NHS £3,220 for the medicinal mouthwash, which can cost £93.
Walgreens Boots Alliance said its businesses complied with the law.
NHS England said pharmacies should seek to secure best value, while ministers have asked the Competition and Markets Authority to consider investigating.
The mouthwash - used by patients with sores caused by chemotherapy - is among a group of drugs known as specials.
Specials are... read more
- 12:49 Transfer News LIVE updates: Arsenal want £43m star, Man Utd,...
- 12:47 Poor families could take in lodger to beat benefit cap - minister
- 12:47 Why Liverpool vs Everton next weekend could mean SO much more to so...
- 12:47 How a clueless Bonnie and Clyde couple sparked an armed police...
- 12:47 CCTV shows cunning Glasgow crook steal wallet off pensioner in city...
- 12:46 Hands off! Fight to stop historic Sunderland church organ being...
- 12:45 Man falls 25 metres from cliffs in Scarborough
- 12:45 This is why I made a unique memorial cross for Bridlington
- 12:45 Mayor Ros Jones: Doncaster ‘outperforming’ other councils on...
- 12:44 I'm a Celebrity viewers accuse show of 'staging' bushtucker trial...
- 12:44 New secondary school site proposal for Warwick district
- 12:43 Shoppers concerns over bank card safety after Co-op ram raid
- 12:42 Police sorry for 'too much' detail in public sex appeal
- 12:42 Curle prepared for tough decisions as players return to fitness
- 12:41 Premier League transfer news: Ivan Perisic, Anthony Martial,...
- 12:41 Northamptonshire commissioner's damning verdict on children's services
- 12:41 Mansfield Labour candidate launches petition against disability...
- 12:41 Police concern for 15-year-old girl missing from Broxtowe
- 12:41 Louth Scout Hut proposals get the green light
- 12:40 TV celeb to host free jewellery valuations in Stratford
- 12:37 Dewsbury Tories name election candidate to take on Paula Sherriff
- 12:36 SNP MP criticised by Commons Speaker after playing football in...
- 12:36 Man from Skegness kicked partner’s leg
- 12:35 Yorkshire veterans compete for title of best cook
- 12:35 Council apologise over movie shoot bus lane fine blunder
- 12:35 All set for a cracking Vale’s Got Talent final with top Melton acts
- 12:34 Bathing water quality is no longer classed as good in parts of...
- 12:34 ‘Bullied’ girl, 12, wrote RIP on her heel then took her own life
- 12:33 MOT tests failures DOUBLE under new rules - how to make sure your...
- 12:33 Warrants executed in connection with Oxfordshire cash machine thefts