Boost for plan to build new school in Solihull
Funding for a new free school in Solihull to help meet the rising demand from autistic pupils has been approved by the government.
This week the Department for Education (DfE) confirmed that the council's bid, submitted last year, had been successful.
Further details about the school, which will cater for up to 100 students, are set to emerge in the coming months.
The news comes just a week after suggestions that the decision could be delayed, as the civil service continues to grapple with Brexit.
Louise Rees, the council's new director of children's services and skills, confirmed the... read more
- 21:17 UN climate talks drag on as rifts scupper hopes of breakthrough
- 21:16 Strictly Come Dancing 2019 crowns its winners
- 21:12 Society and social media alter Spoty contenders’ outlooks
- 21:08 Ole Gunnar Solsjaer tells Marcus Rashford how he should respond to...
- 20:46 Screaming families flee Manchester’s Winter Funland after seating...
- 20:35 Man armed with knife and carrying drugs arrested on train into Hull
- 20:31 Honour for Leeds United fan Heinz Skyte who fled Nazis
- 20:22 Dundee hold on for 4-3 win against Dunfermline
- 20:22 Man, 75, arrested over partner's death in Wigan hospital
- 20:08 Pensioner, 75, arrested on suspicion of murdering his 69-year-old...
- 20:04 Firefighters called to home in Blackpool after chip pan bursts into...
- 20:03 Leinster make Saints suffer again at the Aviva Stadium
- 20:03 Boyd disappointed Saints couldn't grab a bonus point in Dublin
- 20:01 Wisconsin judge's ruling could purge 200,000 from voter rolls
- 19:59 Garry Ringrose scores hat-trick as Leinster overwhelm Saints again
- 19:59 Sébastien Haller fires West Ham to crucial victory over Southampton
- 19:59 UK tourist 'shot dead' in robbery in Argentina
- 19:56 Jo Cox’s sister hopes new parliament can bring a ‘sense of coming...
- 19:56 Teen found dead remembered for ‘infectious smile’ as murder...
- 19:55 Arsenal respond to controversial Mesut Ozil social media post
- 19:47 Three men arrested for Fleetwood armed robbery only days after bank...
- 19:46 Mike Pompeo joins Twitter and fuels talk of Kansas Senate run
- 19:45 Jürgen Klopp says Champions League proposals are ‘absolute bollocks’
- 19:45 Lotto results live: Winning National Lottery numbers for Saturday...
- 19:44 Callum Hendry the St Johnstone hero for first away win of the year
- 19:44 Glasgow 7 La Rochelle 12: Frustrated Warriors suffer crucial home...
- 19:34 Is Boxing Day a public holiday or a bank holiday and what’s the...
- 19:17 In the wake of the bushfires: stricken residents face grim job of...
- 19:11 Three men arrested for Fleetwood armed robbery only days after bank...
- 19:09 Frank Lampard drops hint over Chelsea team selection for Spurs...