Book Review Raising the red flag in Wales
The Communist Party of Great Britain and the National Question in Wales 1920-1991
(University of Wales Press, £19.99) Ar Drywydd Niclas y Glais: Comiwnydd Rhonc a Christion Gloyw
(Y Lolfa, £14.99) COMMUNISTS, socialists and others with an interest in modern Welsh and political history owe a debt of gratitude to Douglas Jones.
He has researched and analysed a wide range of information with scholarly rigour and — here’s the part which eludes far too many historians today — written it all up in straightforward English.
From the outset, the Communist Party in Wales... read more
- 12:49 Your little one can win the chance to join Santa in his grotto
- 12:49 New ‘unique’ war memorial for Gainsborough
- 12:49 Shocking moment man flees police at speed before attacking one officer
- 12:49 Chorley's Santa Express set to return to Lancashire this Christmas...
- 12:49 Thieves steal cash and Christmas party collection from St...
- 12:48 CBI urges government to end damaging Brexit uncertainty
- 12:48 Uber to introduce clean air fee to all London rides
- 12:46 Homeless epidemic worsens in Wellingborough as cases double
- 12:46 Robbers armed with gun and machete hunted over Doncaster post...
- 12:46 Identical twins born female transition to male at the same time
- 12:46 From Blockbusters to Blind Date: Cult TV show comebacks
- 12:45 Police and parents shocked after 13-year-old boy caught with knife...
- 12:45 Cowboy bar targets opening date after winning licence to replace...
- 12:44 Your little one can win the chance to join Santa in his grotto
- 12:44 Meet Kasey, Lester and Ella-Rose: Northampton's first triplets in...
- 12:44 Mayor given vote of no confidence
- 12:42 If you are single, living in Doncaster and tired of Tinder, apply...
- 12:42 Firefighters remove 29 tonnes of coal which set alight onboard...
- 12:42 Nearly 10,000 children regularly missing from Sheffield's schools...
- 12:42 Here’s how you can get a free pint and taxi ride in Edinburgh
- 12:42 Council defends spending £12,000 on Hartlepool estate’s new bus...
- 12:41 Sutton woman celebrates 108-years of life
- 12:41 Underwood play centre, cafe and pub application refused
- 12:41 Man Utd vs Juventus: Sky Sports pundit makes Champions League EXIT...
- 12:41 Red Kangaroo fire: fire service latest on devastating blaze
- 12:40 Shipwreck found in Black Sea is 'world's oldest intact'
- 12:39 Jumeirah Beach Hotel: a room with Dubai’s best view
- 12:39 Where you can see firework displays across Aylesbury Vale for 2018
- 12:39 Country barn hosts masquerade ball to raise funds for brain tumour...
- 12:36 Will folic acid ever be added to UK flour?