Blockchain lab launches in Edinburgh
The Scottish capital has become home to Europe’s first blockchain research facility, thanks to a six-figure collaboration between Edinburgh Napier University and a Hong Kong-headquartered technology company.
Launched last night, the Blockpass Identity Lab (BIL) at Edinburgh Napier’s Merchiston campus is part of a £600,000 partnership between the university and Blockpass IDN, a blockchain-based identity application provider.
As part of an initial three-year partnership, the BIL will explore ways in which blockchain technology can protect personal data from online scammers and hackers.
It... read more
- 16:04 Harry McQuillan: Pharmacies provide positive influence on health of...
- 16:03 Police launch appeal to find Harrogate man wanted for vehicle theft
- 16:03 Mansfield student defies cancer odds to learn to teach
- 16:02 RC Baker Tractor Run auction is now live!
- 16:01 Firefighters called to fire at car park in Leamington
- 16:01 Live updates as 'massive' police presence outside Sirius Academy...
- 15:58 Digbeth community offering free Christmas meals to homeless - this...
- 15:58 Mum killed herself after thinking she was getting breast cancer again
- 15:58 This is why we can’t name violent teen rapist and murderer
- 15:58 Michael Buble makes Alison Hammond blush in flirtacious interview
- 15:58 This is when your bin will be emptied over Christmas and New Year...
- 15:58 Exercising at night won’t mess up your sleep
- 15:58 Capita Army recruitment delays: 'I felt I had given up my dream'
- 15:57 Simpsons Malt says thank you to staff
- 15:57 Billy Stott, one of the most respected auctioneers in Scotland,...
- 15:57 Wakefield taxi drivers in ‘landmark’ win that could cost council...
- 15:56 Drug pair who smuggled £2.5 million worth of heroin in industrial...
- 15:55 Here are the locations of mobile speed cameras in Calderdale
- 15:55 Labour candidates
- 15:55 Social worker wins award
- 15:55 Burglars trash Leicester pub hours before Christmas dinner for...
- 15:55 Alexandra Palace blackout sees players leave the stage during PDC...
- 15:54 Frasier: this is how a Hollywood Emmy-winner was inspired by...
- 15:54 Angels spotted in Chorley
- 15:54 Seven types of kids you’ll always see in the school Nativity
- 15:54 Firefighters called to fire at car park in Leamington
- 15:54 Granny dumped vulnerable orphan, 17, who cannot speak at highway...
- 15:53 Complaints policy revamp axed after dramatic U-turn
- 15:53 Frasier: this is how a Hollywood Emmy-winner was inspired by...
- 15:52 You could be eating vegan sausage rolls at Greggs next year