Blackpool Vic staff were my superheroes says dad who fought back from paralysing illness
0 Have your say A dad who fought back from a paralysis coma has praised the “superhero” staff of Blackpool Victoria Hospital for saving his life.
Nick Lovell, 36, went to bed one night with a strange feeling in his feet and, within hours of waking up the following day at his Knowsley Avenue home, near Stanley Park, he was on his hands and knees, unable to move.
Nick, who was then 32, fell in to a coma and when he came round, he faced the onset of two rare conditions: neurological disease Bickerstaff Brainstem Encephalitis, which causes weakness in the limbs, and autoimmune disorder Guillain... read more
- 02:03 Shamima Begum case: How do you deradicalise someone?
- 02:00 UK rehomes some 100 Syria White Helmets and family members
- 02:00 CO2 emissions from UK housing 'go up'
- 01:54 Australian government security contractor Paladin breaks silence on...
- 01:53 US Coast Guard officer Hasson 'planned terror attack'
- 01:46 'Religion cannot stop LGBT education', says Ofsted boss
- 01:46 Mail order knife site linked to Cambridge murder
- 01:43 Brexit: What happens to the Erasmus student scheme in a no deal?
- 01:43 Young people living in vans, tiny homes and containers
- 01:41 North Korea must take 'meaningful' steps to earn sanctions relief,...
- 01:30 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:30 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: Stopping the rot – high time for high...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: The rise of the Independents – give this...
- 01:22 Auckland threatens to eject Lime scooters after wheels lock at high...
- 01:21 Jeremy Corbyn calls on eight Labour defectors to quit as MPs
- 01:15 Alex Sobel: Why it is now vital that we extend Article 50 over Brexit
- 01:15 Jayne Dowle: The Independent rebels with a cause must look to...
- 01:15 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:09 On the grid for new kart season
- 00:54 Lincolnshire councils have spent THOUSANDS of pounds hosting awards...
- 00:49 Council leaders warned against imposing car park tax levy ahead of...
- 00:48 Teacher targeted over LGBT work shortlisted for $1m global award
- 00:36 Cost of care for asylum-seeking children ‘doubles in four years’
- 00:36 Culture secretary to meet Mark Zuckerberg in US after snub to MPs
- 00:35 Olives pitting US against EU in global trade fight
- 00:27 City centres 'could become ghost towns'
- 00:26 Sign up for junior golf sessions in Alford
- 00:26 Bowls A team enjoy Horncastle win