Birmingham office worker discovers deadly wandering spider from Brazil in his Asda bananas!
AN OFFICE worker found one of the world’s most deadly spiders in a bunch of bananas - which had travelled 5,000 MILES from Brazil.
Neil Langley bought the fruit from an Asda superstore in Tipton but didn’t notice the venomous intruder until he got to his office in Birmingham Five Ways the next day.
Colleagues helped him pass on the spider to the RSPCA, who have found a home for it in Bristol Zoo.
The RSPCA identified the creepy-crawly as being a Brazilian wandering spider.
Named after their habit of moving across the jungle floors, the arachnid’s bite can kill in hours, though they are... read more
- 21:19 Chelsea News: Huge Hazard update, Loftus-Cheek told ‘go now’,...
- 21:19 Barcelona transfer news: Catalans ready to sell star to rivals
- 21:13 Manchester City man wants to do this after rejecting Wolves - report
- 21:12 Ripley feels Northants are still favourites against Middlesex
- 21:06 Arsenal news: Coach CONFRONTED Gunners star on pitch after Chelsea...
- 21:05 Venezuela 'paralysed' by launch of sovereign bolivar currency
- 21:04 Plans to protect Hull from catastrophic flooding at nine key sites...
- 21:04 EuroMillions results: What are the winning EuroMillions numbers for...
- 21:01 Armstrong Watson appoint VAT director
- 20:57 UK to hold ‘continuous’ Brexit negotiations as fears grow Britain...
- 20:53 Paxton and Coldstream targeted by doorstep callers
- 20:50 Pedestrian, 21, seriously injured in hit and run in Lancaster...
- 20:45 Superdrug's online customers targeted by criminals
- 20:43 Premier League: Would VAR have proven Mohamed Salah wrong? The big...
- 20:36 Street market could boost other traders
- 20:36 Moped fire in Fleetwood was deliberate
- 20:34 Man bitten and kicked by two sisters during racist attack says he...
- 20:22 Two in hospital and two arrested in north London shooting
- 20:16 Thixendale pensioner brings her life to book
- 20:16 Poet’s Word can have the final say in Juddmonte International showdown
- 20:16 England set for defeat against India despite Buttler’s brilliant...
- 20:16 Police to hold information stall in Sheffield city centre to...
- 20:15 How a Hebden Bridge houseboat has been transformed into a holiday let
- 20:15 Emergency crews called out after concern for man near Marsden Grotto
- 20:14 Three farmers ‘had sex with horses, dogs, a cow and a goat’ in...
- 20:08 Street market could boost other traders
- 20:03 Facebook gives users trustworthiness score
- 19:58 Teenagers worried about discrimination in society have a higher...
- 19:58 Police siege at Tuebrook home after reports of stabbing - latest...
- 19:58 Man with 'broken ankle' told to do pilates despite being in agony