Birmingham heatwave returning for school holidays with 'furnace'-like temperatures forecast
Temperatures are on the rise with most of Britain set for another hot and sunny weekend.
Much of the country will stay dry on Thursday, with some much needed rain expected to reach Scotland by the afternoon and possible showers in eastern England.
The rain will move south into northern England, Wales and the Midlands overnight, while hot conditions in the South East could trigger thunderstorms on Friday afternoon.
Forecasters have said the the UK will experience "furnace" like heat with a chance of the all-time record high of 38.5C being broken from next weekend.
The Weather... read more
- 10:03 M62 accident causes lane closure traffic between Brighouse and...
- 10:03 The lost city of Atlanta
- 10:03 Part-night street lights to be affected when clocks go back
- 10:03 NBA brawls are infantile but they're not necessarily pointless
- 10:03 World Series 2018: The Red Sox or the Dodgers? Our writers’...
- 10:02 Guest at Northamptonshire wedding attacked paramedic
- 10:02 Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Man City team news, starting...
- 10:01 What I Rent: Lee, £825 per month for a room in a two-bedroom flat...
- 10:01 Heysham man takes on Nepal trek to support women’s cancer charity
- 10:00 Driver cut out of car after smashing into railings in Tottington Road
- 10:00 Level of spending on home to school transport is 'unsustainable'...
- 09:59 Screamania event turns out to be a Halloween horror as people label...
- 09:59 Bridlington to Scarborough road blocked after crash
- 09:59 Deontay Wilder to get 50-50 split with Anthony Joshua if Tyson Fury...
- 09:57 Police appeal after man injured during mass brawl in Burnley
- 09:57 Farleys fashion show suits hospital charity just fine
- 09:56 Pret allergy death: parents to meet Gove over food labelling
- 09:55 Closed down South Hiendley school was 'fully ablaze' in fire
- 09:55 Carols at Warwick Castle to return
- 09:55 Brentford v Preston North End likely line-ups, key men, the referee...
- 09:54 Amputee PC told public how to save his life after car crash
- 09:54 Double stabbing in Sheffield ‘not linked’ to any other incident,...
- 09:52 Carols at Warwick Castle to return
- 09:52 Driver cut out of car after crashing into railings in Tottington Road
- 09:52 CCTV released of man wanted in connection with handbag theft from...
- 09:51 Eat Me Cafe forced to close after burst water pipe
- 09:51 Part-night street lights to be affected when clocks go back
- 09:50 Harborough's public should be consulted over removal of intensive...
- 09:50 How you can help transform this Sunderland family’s garden so...
- 09:49 Brave Sheffield mum’s headshave in memory of teenager who lost...