Bill Ritchie: Is there a cure for sick buildings?
The term “sick building syndrome” was first coined by the World Health Organisation back in 1986, when it was estimated that up to 30 per cent of newly-built offices in the West suffered from indoor air quality issues, which in turn was increasingly understood to have an impact on workers’ health.
Amongst the building design professions, this was commonly associated with recycled stale air and poor lighting, found predominantly in office environments.
Sitting is now regarded as being ‘the new smoking’ by some in the medical profession Bill Ritchie Subsequently, new legislation and industry... read more
- 06:24 Sunday’s best TV: Atlanta; Reporting Trump’s First Year: The Fourth...
- 06:17 England’s cathedrals hark back to the middle ages to pull in crowds
- 06:15 Tribute paid to 50 years of volunteering
- 06:12 Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid: Chelsea stopper backed to make...
- 06:11 Obesity epidemic demands more action and investment to protect...
- 06:11 Supermarkets targeted in the battle against obesity
- 06:08 Hull and Humber's 25 biggest businesses revealed
- 06:08 Inside the secret swinging club right in the middle of Hull
- 06:07 'Pirates' of all ages enjoy treasure hunt at Heathland Village in...
- 06:07 You can now go champing - it's like glamping but you bed down in a...
- 06:07 Festival aims to go ‘truly global’ in time for 75th birthday
- 06:07 Revealed: The Sex offenders, drug dealers and violent criminals...
- 06:02 Man Utd transfer news: Anthony Martial price laughable, but he...
- 05:57 The top 11 greatest Grimsby Facebook moments
- 05:57 Clowning around at annual show
- 05:51 Sergej Milinkovic-Savic: Why Man Utd and Man City WON'T sign star...
- 05:40 World Cup 2018: Germany boss Joachim Low reacts to Toni Kroos’...
- 05:38 Cannabis crisis: Police seizing almost £500,000-worth of drugs a week
- 05:38 The sunshine summer destination where hotels are cheaper during the...
- 05:38 Aston Villa's summer plans are taking shape - but answers are still...
- 05:34 Anger as the Coconut Grove planning 'saga' rumbles on
- 05:34 Shocking figures show ONE IN FIVE hospital staff attacked in...
- 05:34 Businessman's BOLD plan to tackle aggressive begging in Mathew Street
- 05:33 Nominations for Notts police officer of the year now open
- 05:33 The notorious Hull killers who killed themselves
- 05:32 World Cup boost for Greene King
- 05:27 What impact has Donald Trump had on illegal immigration?
- 05:27 How many words do you need to speak a language?
- 05:27 Kenya's 'contaminated sugar' row: What we know
- 05:27 Europe migrants: Can the EU reach a new deal?