Biker thanks paramedics
A Chirnside motorbike rider who almost died after crashing has praised the two paramedics who saved his life.
Michael Hallsworth was rescued when a fast-acting team from the Scottish Ambulance Service dashed to the Kelso crash scene and re-inflated his lungs, enabling him to breathe.
The retired electrical supervisor spent six days in hospital after the incident on July 17, which left him with a broken shoulder blade, broken ribs and a collapsed lung.
“When I woke up in hospital the next day, the doctors said if not for the intervention of the paramedics, I would not have survived. I was... read more
- 02:58 Arts leaders call for more school funding
- 02:54 Drugs charge
- 02:35 Founder of student work experience platform takes venture to next...
- 02:29 The Mysteries: Six towns, six stories... one England?
- 02:26 Fact check: Donald Trump's claims versus climate science
- 02:09 Acorn Enterprise provides growth spurt for start-ups
- 02:05 Hostility to men and the elderly could become hate crimes
- 01:40 Royal tour: First glimpse of Meghan's baby bump
- 01:40 Stormy Daniels defamation lawsuit against Trump dismissed
- 01:29 The Yorkshire Post says: Stick to day job. Universal Credit...
- 01:27 Died and gone to heaven? No, that's air pollution Bryan Adams
- 01:25 Budget 2018 predictions: what will Philip Hammond announce?
- 01:25 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:14 Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Paul Allen dies aged 65
- 01:13 Andrew Vine: High street shops need support so use them or lose them
- 01:11 Prince Harry and Meghan given some very Australian baby gifts
- 01:04 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:02 The Yorkshire Post says: Thank you to Childline volunteers who...
- 01:02 Claire Perry: Greener world presents new opportunities for...
- 01:02 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 00:57 William Wallace: No deal on Brexit may well mean the end of the UK....
- 00:54 Facebook cracks down on ‘dark ads’ by British political groups
- 00:54 UK cyber-centre thwarts hostile hackers
- 00:52 Spain player ratings: How did Paco Alcacer, David De Gea and Thiago...
- 00:52 Arsenal news: Unai Emery has achieved something Arsene Wenger...
- 00:50 Sudoku 4,192 medium
- 00:50 City where only one train in three is on time
- 00:44 The face of Hull city centre could soon be transformed with big...
- 00:39 Usain Bolt offered European professional football deal – reports
- 00:31 Letter from Africa: Kenya unveils biblical strategy to tackle...