Bike rider may have been intended victim of 'targeted' attack that killed James Meadows
Police investigating the murder of James Meadows believe he was the victim of a targeted attack - though it remains unclear whether the shooter was aiming for him or the rider of the bike he was on.
The shooting probe is in its early stages and it is still not known who was driving the bike when the 17-year-old was shot.
That person failed to stop - despite pillion passenger James falling from the vehicle - and is yet to be traced.
Initial enquiries have led police to believe the motorbike was moving at the time of the attack, believed to have been carried out on Lyme Cross Road in Huyton.... read more
- 07:52 Mum’s anger as doctor is allowed to practise again after death of son
- 07:52 Vaping can damage lungs, study funds
- 07:50 Jury in Ben Stokes affray trial will retire to consider verdict today
- 07:50 Third of homes in Scotland fail to live up to expectations
- 07:49 Investigation continues into death of baby found in Wesham
- 07:49 Live updates as Hull shop 'ram-raided' overnight
- 07:49 Car crashes into barriers outside Houses of Parliament
- 07:48 Arsonists hunted over blazes across South Yorkshire
- 07:48 Andy Murray takes positives from Lucas Pouille defeat in Cincinnati...
- 07:48 Investigation continues into death of baby found in Wesham
- 07:48 Turkish lira crisis: market jitters send Indian rupee to record low...
- 07:47 Diogo Dalot set to resume full training with Manchester United
- 07:47 Roger Federer begins US Open mind games with Novak Djokovic
- 07:47 Vaping can damage lungs, study funds
- 07:46 Venezuela crisis: Maduro to curb fuel subsidies
- 07:41 Third of homes in Scotland fail to live up to expectations
- 07:40 Metro Road Trip: Your summer pictures of the southern counties
- 07:38 This is when experts predict it will rain again in Leeds
- 07:35 Stratford Road caller rings 999 to ask where to buy baby milk
- 07:34 Cheshire archeologist who recovered famous bog body dies
- 07:32 What will be decided at Northamptonshire County Council cabinet...
- 07:29 Bus lane proposed for Lancaster’s Greyhound Bridge
- 07:28 Chelsea news: Asmir Begovic gives honest opinion on Kepa...
- 07:28 Jury in Ben Stokes affray trial to retire and consider verdicts
- 07:27 School cuts: ‘Children now raise money for their own education’
- 07:24 Pervert teenager threatened and manipulated underage girls to get...
- 07:23 Carlisle City Council paid £290,000 more than expected for new...
- 07:23 Paddy McLaughlin reflects on Hartlepool United’s difficult National...
- 07:22 Weighing in over cancelling David Lloyd fitness membership
- 07:19 Car egged and wrapped in cling film after being left on roadside...