Bestselling book claims corruption is Argentina's 'main structure of power'
The book topping Argentina’s bestseller list is not a thriller or a murder mystery. It’s a crime story of another sort: a blockbuster about political corruption that suggests that bribery is an integral part of the country’s body politic.
“The reality of corruption in Argentina surpasses fiction,” said Hugo Alconada Mon, an investigative journalist and the author of The Root of All Evil, which was published just as the country was shaken by a wave of graft allegations against senior politicians across the ideological spectrum.
The cases include allegations of bags of cash delivered to... read more
- 15:58 Digbeth community offering free Christmas meals to homeless - this...
- 15:58 Mum killed herself after thinking she was getting breast cancer again
- 15:58 This is why we can’t name violent teen rapist and murderer
- 15:58 Michael Buble makes Alison Hammond blush in flirtacious interview
- 15:58 This is when your bin will be emptied over Christmas and New Year...
- 15:58 Exercising at night won’t mess up your sleep
- 15:58 Capita Army recruitment delays: 'I felt I had given up my dream'
- 15:57 Simpsons Malt says thank you to staff
- 15:57 Billy Stott, one of the most respected auctioneers in Scotland,...
- 15:57 Wakefield taxi drivers in ‘landmark’ win that could cost council...
- 15:56 Drug pair who smuggled £2.5 million worth of heroin in industrial...
- 15:55 Here are the locations of mobile speed cameras in Calderdale
- 15:55 Labour candidates
- 15:55 Social worker wins award
- 15:55 Burglars trash Leicester pub hours before Christmas dinner for...
- 15:55 Alexandra Palace blackout sees players leave the stage during PDC...
- 15:54 Frasier: this is how a Hollywood Emmy-winner was inspired by...
- 15:54 Angels spotted in Chorley
- 15:54 Seven types of kids you’ll always see in the school Nativity
- 15:54 Firefighters called to fire at car park in Leamington
- 15:54 Granny dumped vulnerable orphan, 17, who cannot speak at highway...
- 15:53 Complaints policy revamp axed after dramatic U-turn
- 15:53 Frasier: this is how a Hollywood Emmy-winner was inspired by...
- 15:52 You could be eating vegan sausage rolls at Greggs next year
- 15:52 Here's who will taking centre stage at next year's Great Yorkshire...
- 15:50 REVIEW: A Christmas Carol at RSC
- 15:50 Paris braces for fifth weekend of protests by gilets jaunes
- 15:50 Johnson & Johnson 'knew about asbestos in baby powder for decades'
- 15:50 Frasier: this is how a Hollywood Emmy-winner was inspired by...
- 15:48 Buckingham Trefoil Guild celebrates 75th anniversary